Coordination, management, and execution of all program activities to include delivery of products and/or services, demonstration of customer specification performance and quality, scope management, cost management, scheduling, resourcing, risk management, and realization of revenue and profit during the entire lifecycle of a program or project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and is responsible for all contract requirement deliverables, to include all design, testing, installation and training elements of the program and/or order/project.
- Experience with development of a PM plan, defining scope, planning, developing cost and risk plans, procurement, manufacturing, performing QC, testing, delivering product according to customer defined schedule of deliveries, and working the program through final payment.
- Develops and manages process for issues identification and resolution. Appropriately escalates unresolved issues in accordance with the Smiths governance model.
- Conducts risk assessment of program deliverables based on impact and probability, and takes action to mediate risk. Appropriately escalates risks in accordance with governance model.
- Monitors program readiness for achieving deliverables, and makes necessary adjustments to achieve deliverables are compliant, on time and within budget.
- Assists Business Development, Sales and Product Development activities by conducting feasibility analyses of potential programs.
- Analyses and responds to Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quote (RFQ) and Requests for Information (RFI) in accordance with Smiths criteria for program acceptance and rejection.
- Identifies business development and value added sales opportunities related to programs, supports product management efforts to manage the lifecycle of products and/or services including improvements, enhancement and obsolescence, and supports negotiations with customers.
- Reports program status to all stakeholders prepares and presents periodic status reports and monthly Program Management Reviews with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Benchmark program management approaches and developments with external customers and promote best practice with other Smiths colleagues
- Create effective business communication encompassing technical proposals for customer requirements, business briefings and presentations.
- Training and coaching direct reports and other Smiths colleagues where appropriate.
- Experience in obtaining various permits, licenses, and certifications, etc for contract requirements.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Previous experience in hardware programs, ordering materials, delivery of equipment.
- Preferred experience working with ILS.
- Preferred experience in Aerospace, Aviation and Defense industry.
- Preferred experience in CNBRE.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations
- Complying with and promoting all relevant legal requirements & Smiths policies and procedures, including business ethics, data protection and health & safety
Required Skills and Experience
- BS or BA degree in related technology or business management
- PMP certification
- At least 5 years' program/project management experience
- Experience working within a team and managing by influence
- Experience of manufacturing or engineering environments; experience with electro-mechanical product/project components a plus
- Understanding of global business and US specific government business
- Ability to implement, lead, and direct program team in use of company or industry standards for program management & related processes
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and measurements to program management e.g., ROI, earned value management, net present value etc.
- Ability to develop a PM plan, defining scope, planning, developing cost and risk plans, procurement, manufacturing, performing QC, testing, delivering product according to customer defined schedule of deliveries, and working the program through final payment.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams in a matrix environment, influence people outside of direct reporting relationships (matrix organization) and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Able to use MS Office suite and MS Project. SAP is a plus.
Travel: May entail travel away from workplace/home up to 30% of time, including possibly overseas
Security: This position requires access to ITAR, EAR, and Department of State or Department of Commerce controlled information and routine access to a cleared facility. Applicant must be a U.S. Person (citizen, green card holder or other permanent resident).