Manage all aspects of a materials services engineering project to ensure that it is safely completed on time and within scope and budget. Responsible for completing the project as per its contracted scope; monitor progress and performance against the project plan. Troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays. May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors. Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project to project team and client. Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones. May have responsibilities to communicate with the client and deliver work products to satisfaction of client. Coordinates effort with APR to make sure that APR has opportunity to engage throughout the project, particularly at critical junctures. Is involved with approving invoices, preparing change orders, and collections.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the construction materials testing and special inspections duties for small to medium sized projects.
- Works with client or National Account Manager (NAM) to define project scope, schedule and budget.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan.
- Take action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project. This may include preparing calculations, designs, reports and work specifications; developing project schedules, budgets and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors.
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Conduct meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Coordinates with Authorized Project Reviewer (APR) to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for reviews of all critical junctures.
- Coordinates with accounting for financial management of business intelligence, invoicing and collections
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 5 years' related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years' related experience.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)