Manage and supervise technical engineering, IT, and support personnel required to augment and operationally implement a comprehensive safety program of the 45th Space Wing (45 SW) as it pertains to the Safety Hazard Analysis and Risk Processing (SHARP) system/program. Manage technical staff in the execution of hardware, software and procedures used to perform flight analysis and risk analysis for the 45th Space Wing Launch Safety Office (45 SW/SEL) in support of space launch missions at the CCAFS Eastern Range. Manage personnel and resources necessary to support the launch safety functions including development and compilation of flight analysis software models and operational products used to assess launch debris within impact limit lines and the risk analysis software models used by 45th Space Wing Launch Safety Office Flight Analysis group (45 SW/SELR) in determining risks associated with launch vehicle debris, toxic materials and blast overpressures. Must be familiar with both deterministic models run on PCs and/or probabilistic models the probabilistic models typically run on a CPU cluster. Ability to direct and manager personnel, attend and participate in safety-related meetings or events as it may pertain to SHARP. Tasks include development and implementation of assigned work tasks, work breakdown structure (WBS), and reports concerning technical and financial performance. Requires understanding and knowledge necessary to implement Air Force Space Command Instruction 91-701, Launch Safety Program Policy's.
1) Ability to manage, coordinate, and execute Project Management Plans (PMP) for Launch Safety Software (LSS) projects that generate data products used by 45 SW/SEL for Eastern Range (ER) mission planning, launch and operations support including various Launch Vehicle systems and configurations (i.e., Titan, Atlas, Falcon9, and Commercial Crew Vehicle Programs)
2) Ability to manage, coordinate, and execute the preparation and delivery of Safety Software Requirements, Safety Software Development Planning and Authorization documentation.
3) Ability to manage, coordinate, support and execute Safety Software Deficiency Review Board (SSDRB) responsibilities including the prioritization and tracking of corrective action status of Deficiency Reports (DRs) for new LSS under development or existing LSS being modified and sustained
4) Ability to manage, coordinate, support Safety Software User Evaluation Team (SSUET) in the development and release or technically sound Unit Under Test (UUT) validations and recommendations to the Safety Software Validation Board (SSVB) based on the UUT's ability to meet Range Customer user requirements.
5) Ability to manage, coordinate, and execute the development, release, and utilization of range safety software tools and models used to support an ER mission planning, launch and operations
BS Mechanical, Electrical, or Aeronautical Engineering
10-15 years of experience
Former Military (Air Force, Navy, or Army) desired
ARES is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.