The purpose of this job is to aid the Service Program Management Organization in a staff capacity by assisting the team in tasks necessary to execute and manage programs and projects.
The Program Analyst may assist a Program Manager with generation of associated data item deliverables such as:
- Engineering change proposals
- Other reports and data deliverables, as needed
Additionally, the Program Analyst may assist in analyzing and reporting on program cost and schedule metrics, assisting in budget preparation and control, records control, and special management studies. The Program Analyst will be part of the program management team and whose core responsibility is to collect and analyze data enabling successful program execution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, plans, schedules and budgets to meet contractual requirements for large or more complex programs.
- Develop/maintain methods for tracking and reporting program status and contract deliverables.
- Support the Programs and Finance groups in generation of cost proposals and pricing sheets, as needed.
- Provide support to Program Management team to include assisting in project scheduling, budget management and coordination of graphic presentations.
- Interface with all levels of internal personnel, customers and vendors to coordinate CDRL deliverables, project status updates, budgets and schedules.
- Assist with analyzing costs incurred and generation and submission of the invoice package to the customer.
- Generate weekly labor status reports and verify charges against program expectations.
- Develop/maintain Earned Value Management System (EVMS) metrics on programs within Company specified threshold, if required.
- Compile, store and retrieve management data from SAP and present in readable format.
- Work with Program Managers to generate, explain, and support estimates to complete.
- Support Program Managers to answer customer questions.
- Follow and adhere to all company Program Lifecycle Management (PLM) policies, procedures, and reporting criteria.
- Perform other additional tasks as may be required.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations
- Complying with and promoting all relevant legal requirements & Smiths policies and procedures, including business ethics, data protection and health & safety
- BS or BA degree in Business Management, Finance OR 4+ years of relevant experience in project related roles.
Knowledge, skills, other attributes:
- Must have computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Working knowledge of concepts and phases associated with Project Management.
- Able to work within a highly matrixed organization, amongst other functional teams.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems, such as SAP highly desirable.