Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip's Discrete and Power Management Group (DPM) offers one of the industry's most comprehensive power and RF/microwave discrete semiconductor product portfolios. The DPM encompasses four business units; Power Switching Discrete Solutions, High Reliability Discrete Solutions, Integrated Power Solutions and RF and Microwave products. DPM supports the following markets: space, alternative energy, industrial, medical, defense, commercial aviation, communications, embedded systems, motor control, power solutions, sensors, and security.
Summary: The Strategic Marketing Manager will be responsible for successful MIcrochip SAM and SOM expansion within the assigned Market Segment(s). Oversee the development of strategic market/product line business plans and marketing programs to support sales in designated market segments. Identifies volume and strategic customers and develops partnerships. Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities, develops strategic direction from market information, and creates compelling market analysis presentations. May conduct make-versus-buy analysis from a partnership/merger/acquisition perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Establish and maintain TAM's, SAM's and SOM's for the assigned Market Segment
- Develop Roadmaps for product solutions by Markets
- Report on major new program initiatives, funding levels, funding sources, and timing
- Identify, explore and coordinate the development of new strategic initiatives as well as new product opportunities in support of strategic imperatives.
- Develop and execute promotion of new & existing product solutions by Market
- Specify New Products & Platforms; liaise with PLM's to assess the viability of said programs
- Work with the Technical and Strategic core team to develop MRD (Market Requirement Documents) and Business Plan proposals for review
- Work with PLM's primarily at the front and back end of the NPI process, also continuously monitor performance to plan
- Identify new Strategic technologies to develop or acquire
- Develop pricing & promotion campaigns with Tactical Marketing and Distribution Quote center, including distribution price lists
- Work with PLM's and Tactical Marketing on developing custom business and up-screening jobs
- Evaluates and recommends marketing opportunities consistent with product line objectives
- Evaluate how to stay competitive in the market place and how Company's products can increase revenue while minimizing expense.
- Communicates customer feedback to engineering, manufacturing and sales to enhance existing products and product lines.
- Prepares materials for internal and external presentations on products, business plans and management.
- Track key industry trends such as regulatory and competitive challenges and develop plans and recommendations to mitigate and manage these emerging risks.
- Train direct, representative & distribution sales force.
- Positioning of products, capabilities, messaging what we have today – working with applications and corporate to develop high value block diagrams and value proposition leveraging the overall Microsemi capability in the market segment
- Develop and maintain relationships with high level customer representatives at Tier 1's and OEM's, as well as influencers (airframers, government departments etc).
Structure and interface:
Interaction with business unit and corporate tactical, market, product line, operations and sales teams:
- Work closely with Customers, Tactical and Vertical Marketing teams and sales channels in business pursuits and roadmap creation.
- Engage and share information across the Microchip structures.
- Support Tactical Marketing functions from Technical and Strategic standpoint including travel to customer base;
- Interact and liaise with Corporate Operations where needed.
Specific Business Development Tasks:
- Product Definition
- Interact with product line managers on product development activities and opportunities for both new products and variants of existing products;
- Develop and maintain go to market plans and deliverables.
- Program Management
- What is funded, when, who are the primes, etc.
- Sales Performance Work with Tactical Marketing on a regular basis to monitor and adjust business plans to meet Microchip sales expectations.
- Market Tracking Understand Market statistics and continuously monitor to adjust business plans and directions.
- Provide Insight into potential new markets.
- Sales and Promotion Tools
- Develop Block and Circuit diagrams pertaining to the assigned Market.
- Work with corporate vertical business and marketing communications teams
- BSEE or related Engineering Degree and an MSEE degree.
- 5 years related industry experience, or MSEE with 2 years' relevant experience in the Semiconductor and/or related industry
- Experience in systems applications and marketing
- Experience crafting marketing objectives, initiatives and metrics for the Defense Market
- Candidate must have working knowledge of power electronics, semiconductors, and related application areas
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of work days
- Strong negotiation skills and customer interfacing experience
- Excellent communication, organizational management, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Clear decision making abilities
- Ability to work independently, resourceful
- Possess strong analytical and technical skill base
- Ability to give strong direction to divisions from technical perspective
- Able to learn quickly and independently and possess problem-solving skills
- Strong MS Office skills required: including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive, self-motivated individual who enjoys challenges
- Prior technical leadership preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.