The Product Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing & Policy Education at the Hoover Institution. The Product Marketing Manager works closely and directly with the Marketing and Strategic Communications team, Research Department, and Hoover Fellows, as well as other staff to assist in developing and managing communications products created by the Institution to showcase its fellows' work.
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing Hoover's existing communications product line, including the online journals, podcasts, video series, and other online products. In addition, the product manager will implement product marketing plans via advertising, outreach, and social media.
Under minimal supervision, assist with the development, delivery, sales and marketing of programs or products created by the organization. Responsible for delivering the product/program within scope, on time, and within budget.
- Execute product/ program plan definition, and detailed rollout schedule, including collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and execute a marketing plan, assessing, and revising as necessary to meet goals.
- Implement conversion strategy and promotion plans to meet product/program goals.
- Deliver an experience that leads to high customer satisfaction and advocacy for the program.
- Conduct analysis, maintain key metrics (dashboard), and make recommendations regarding the direction of the program or product.
- Actively participates in efforts to improve processes, programs and business across the department.
- Coordinate with vendors and consultants on specific programs and product distribution.
ADDITIONAL CORE DUTIES*:
- Collaborate with the marketing team in the ongoing management of Hoover's web platforms, by posting content and maintaining products online.
- Develop and execute strategies for the cross-promotion of Hoover communications products.
- Implement email campaigns for communications products, including building subscriptions.
* Other duties may also be assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with managing products/programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of various marketing elements (e.g. pricing, audience, channels, communication).
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the target audience lifecycle and ability to convert leads into new business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.