The Product Manager is responsible for researching and developing the product plan for both new projects as well as updates to existing products. This individual will also be responsible for the naming and marketing of the new and existing products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conceive and generate new product ideas
- Research new product opportunities through evaluating the current market place and sales demand
- Authors product specifications and works with engineering, design, marketing and sales to coordinate product development. Manages overall product life-cycles.
- Represents the outward face of the brand at trade shows, media events and other related marketing activities.
- Evaluates product samples for function, fit, feel and appearance, and then provides direction to contract suppliers or development team.
- Manage product costing, margin analysis and forecasting through the product life cycle.
- Work with sales and marketing to ensure that they have the tools and understanding to properly market and sell the product.
The Product Manager is sometimes responsible to perform duties beyond the normal workday.
Anticipates project needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of experience in a product management role with a company that markets and sells commercial audio equipment
- Experience with commercial A/V integrations and knowledge of the integration process
- Working knowledge of control/switching systems, audio DSPs, and telecom for commercial integrations
- Field experience a plus
- Professional Certifications (CTS, Crestron, Biamp, etc.) a plus
- Experience with and understanding of the products and the intended uses
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks/projects at the same time
- Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must have basic understanding of business principals regarding scheduling, cost, margins, profit, return on investment
- Candidate must confidently and effectively present and perform to small and large audiences
- BS or BA Degree or equivalent work experience
- Audio focus a plus