About the Role:
The Product Manager will be responsible for product vision, planning, marketing, and business success. The ideal candidate must have proven management skills, including the ability to drive analytical rigor in decision-making, strong business acumen, and a solid ability to work cross-functionally. The candidate must be able to articulate value propositions – internally and externally – and possess demonstrable expertise in driving strategic goals in concert with tactical execution.
Core job functions will include customer and market research, product roadmap, product requirements definition, product positioning and price strategy, competitive analysis, go-to-market support and customer care.
- Research and analyze market conditions, key competitors and consumer trends
- Use market feedback to drive product requirements via customer use cases
- Translate customer use cases into detailed product requirements / specifications
- Formulate business cases and roadmaps required for cross-functional planning
- Develop core product positioning and messaging
- Develop pricing / packaging strategies required for revenue / profit attainment
- Develop and execute successful go to market plans including launch planning and necessary sales tools / collateral
- Successfully interact with cross functional teams including engineering, sales and marketing to deliver compelling solutions that grow company revenue
- Work with third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of security or networking marketing/product management experience
- Experience positioning, messaging and launching products on a global basis
- Proven track record for product delivery and launch. Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and provide hands-on management.
- Proven ability to initiate and author comprehensive requirement specifications for hardware and software products (PRDs)
- High-integrity, team player with demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What it Takes to be Part of the FireMon Family
As a thought leader in a space we invented, FireMon is paving the way in the cybersecurity industry across the globe. At FireMon, you'll find a disruptive, cutting-edge environment. It's a place where being proactive is rewarded and each day is more innovative than the last. This drive permeates everything we do – from how we develop our products to how we engage with our customers and how we get things done.
One of the biggest benefits of working with a groundbreaking company like FireMon, is the huge impact employees have on the overall product and business. Each person's work directly affects the outcome of the finalized product and success of the business. Additionally, you can voice your ideas and collaborate across departments to learn new aspects of the company. Since we are securely backed by some of the savviest investors it the industry, you get the security of an established organization but at the same time get to experience the agility and autonomy of a smaller company.
- Dynamic company with opportunities to expand skills and cross train in new areas.
- Flexible schedules, accommodating work/life balance - we actually mean it!
- Ability to make an impact, both with customers and fellow team members.
- Small, agile team eliminates bureaucracy and provides flexibility to make immediate improvements.
- Immediate mentorship and leadership opportunities.
- Work with like-minded, driven, and smart team members who will challenge you daily.
Perks of the Job
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events