Parsons is transforming communities through connected infrastructure, intelligent transportation systems, digital solutions, and smart-city technology. Our Mobility Solutions group is providing integrated design, furnish and install services for the Positive Train Control (PTC) system on New Jersey Transit's 400+-mile regional commuter rail system. Our responsibilities include: design, supply, installation, testing, system integration, commissioning services and warranty for the entire PTC system-wide implementation.
Are you an experienced Subcontract Administrator? Does your experience included managing large complex subcontracts? If you've administrated subcontracts on systems integration programs or in transportation, this may be the perfect opportunity. We really like Subcontract Administrators with experience in negotiating claims and managing change orders. Candidates with commercial contracts experience will be given preference. This awesome opportunity is in the Gateway Center connected to Penn Station, so it's a safe and secure environment.
· Reporting to the Project's Contracts Manager you will provide subcontract management and administration duties on all subcontracting functions for the NJ-PTC project. This non-supervisory position requires advanced-level subcontracting expertise and experience on large infrastructure/commercial projects.
· Prepares, issues, negotiates and administers standard and complex subcontracts of unlimited value for NJ Transit PTC project while ensuring that subcontractors fully meet Parsons and NJ Transit requirements.
· Actively manage project subcontractors including contract review/interpretation, collaboration with internal technical and installation stakeholders and subject matter experts, strictly maintains correspondence between the contracted parties, conducts negotiation, administers change management and claims mitigation and management practices.
· Receives subcontractor invoices, reviewing them for accuracy and insuring that they meet the subcontract requirements, including identification of exceptions, and provides bid summaries with recommendations on awards.
· Incumbent will access current warranty obligation gaps for all project subcontractors based on Client warranty requirements for the NJ Transit PTC project. The Incumbent will develop and implement a plan to meet and achieve Client warranty requirements for the project. This effort may include interpreting/clarifying existing subcontract terms; negotiating/modifying existing subcontract agreements and sourcing/subcontracting with new firms.
· Performing subcontract closeout actions, completing file documentation and forwarding subcontract files to central storage.
· A willingness to travel to a subcontractor's facility when necessary is required.
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate in collaboration with the project team, and at the direction of the Contracts Manager or Project Manager
4-year degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Construction (or related field) and 10+ years of related subcontracting work experience involving complex commercial subcontracts. Systems integration, transit or transportation project experience is desirable.
An extensive knowledge of subcontracting activities typical to the engineering and construction industry is required. Large project experience is preferred as well as knowledge of subcontract warranty implementation. In addition, excellent written and oral communications skills, a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and on-line software packages typically associated with subcontracting.