The Principal role has primary responsibility for consulting with customers and salespeople to drive new business development of standard and custom analytics, including advanced modeling projects in the Commercial Effectiveness (CE) Consulting practice area.
*Experience with selling analytic projects, link physician targeting, segmentation, and promotional response is preferred.
• Consults with customers and salespeople to drive new business development to meet quarterly and annual sales goals. Meets with clients when called in by a National Account Director (NAD) to discuss, document, and fully understand specific needs identified by the NAD; determine if a standard product/analytic will meet the client needs or if a customized solution is required.
• Develops a methodological approach to meet client objectives, including design and documentation, if a customized deliverable is required; effectively articulates the business value of proposed deliverable/solution through a formal client presentation and addressing objections.
• Leads new customer projects to ensure quality and timing of results by participating in the project kick-off and status meetings; ensuring a smooth transition to the Consultant or Engagement Manager and Analyst team; provides consultation and leadership to the Consultant to ensure design, fulfillment, and execution of projects; presenting the final work product to the customer upon completion.
• Serves as the subject matter expert on Sales Operations Analytics (e.g. Promotional Response Modeling, Sales Force Sizing, Targeting, Alignment, Incentive Comp Design, Marketing Mix, Referral Networking) to sales and other areas in the organization by educating internal resources on appropriate client-focused solutions.
• Provides mentoring and coaching to Consultants and/or Engagement Managers regarding subject matter expertise, methodological approaches, solutions value and how to advance and close sales cycles. Informal training and coaching of analysts and customer service personnel as part of normal course of business to ensure knowledge is shared and disseminated into the organization. This position is responsible for conducting formal training sessions upon request.
• Contributes to new product development within the CE Consulting practice area that meets customer needs by identifying gaps in current offerings. Drives innovation through custom engagements with client including new product concepts and context solutions. Works with product managers and business unit team to translate unmet client requirements into business and functional specifications; participates in product design discussions, evaluates prototypes, and engages in beta testing.
• Develops and maintains expert level knowledge of the CE Consulting practice area by staying up-to-date with leading edge client business needs and solutions.
• Participates in and drives thought leadership within and of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: