The Patient Care Manager has the responsibility and accountability with the Care Center Clinical and Medical Directors for planning, organizing and directing of all activities related to patient-centered care, fostering nursing excellence and the retention and recruitment of staff on a designated unit in the care center.
You'll thrive in this position if you:
- Accelerate Change – you quickly recognize the various inputs that impact successful results; you determine steps required to achieve successful outcomes; adjusts work and timelines as needs and priorities change; motivates others to gain commitment. You apply understanding of industry, UCMC and one's own role to successfully advance the organization's performance. You recognize the potential of continuous improvement and utilize the 5S methodology.
- Make Thoughtful Decisions – you identify issues, problems and opportunities; proactively recognize the need for improvement. You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available. You generate alternatives - Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities. You select appropriate action - Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision.
- Communicate with Impact – you focus on the message of others, provide undivided attention, and defer judgment. You convey messages logically, simply, and with confidence. You check for understanding by asking questions, seeking clarity and responding accordingly.
- Strengthen Collaboration – you put the organizations interests and customer needs ahead of your own. You identify and create effective working collaborations with others; establish good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and offer support. You present sound reasons and recommendations that link to the needs of those impacted; obtain agreement to support ideas; leverage win-win solutions to ensure others take action.
Patient Care Manager Required Qualifications
- Graduate of an NLN accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or higher, Master's degree preferred.
- Current Illinois RN license
- Minimum of Four years nursing experience.
- Minimum of One year clinical experience in General Medicine.
- Charge Nurse experience with demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to maintain an open network of communication among staff members, care center and sector leadership, and other health care professionals and departments.
- General Medicine experience Strongly preferred.
- Progressive Leadership experience preferred