Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Charleston Surgery Center is a multi- specialty outpatient surgery center seeking a full-time OR Nurse Manager responsible for the operations, personnel and financial management of the Operating Room, Endoscopy and Sterile Processing Departments. The role is accountable to support the CEO and DON to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical and non-clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care.
- Maintains the Operating Room as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Responsible for effective management of labor/productivity as well as flexing teammates appropriately.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the Operating Room, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Helps in determining goals and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Provides immediate mentoring/coaching to teammates as needed.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- Independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills - Fosters an environment of collaboration and respect with physician colleagues, nurses and other healthcare team members.
- Effective Team Building skills and ability to maintain an excellent Culture of Safety within the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate, promote and apply our workplace values:
- Clinical Quality
- Service Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
- Five or more years of management/leadership in the operating room.
- Must have a BSN from an accredited school of nursing and a valid SC RN license.
- BLS and CNOR required.
- Strong competency as RN Circulator with scrub experience.