IMI Precision Engineering is a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies.
Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers' equipment.
Part of IMI plc, we have a sales and service network in 75 countries, as well as manufacturing capability in the USA, Germany, China, UK, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Mexico and Brazil.
We support this with our global centers of technical excellence, and facilities for CFD design and R&D testing. We are looking for an experienced Operation Manager to contribute to our dynamic & diverse team! Are you looking to join an organization that has the feel of a small company but the resources, opportunity & reach of a large organization? Then we are for you!
As the Operations Manager you are a key member of the leadership team, providing leadership to the Operations team including, Customer Service, Assembly, and Warehouse. The Operations Manager responsibilities include production operations, budgetary development including Capex/compliance, business unit plan development/implementation, product quality and staff management. Significant inter-departmental collaboration and communication responsibilities are required. Assigns duties and coordinates activities of supervisors and/or employees engaged in various aspects of production & operations. Operations Manager drives and is accountable for the safe production of high quality products, on time, and at the lowest possible cost. This position occasionally interacts with suppliers, customers and other external contacts.
- Lead operational efficiency standards and improvements
- Develop people strategy to support and sustain operational growth
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to Operational leaders including resource planning and retention, day to day interaction and support, ROI reviews, training, coordination/approval of schedules and activities, on-going feedback, and reporting of activity progress.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams that can promotes positive, effective relations and teamwork as established in the IMI Way.
- Ensures responsible areas are kept in accordance to 5s, Lean principles & in accordance with safety and environmental compliance.
- Complies with organizational, State and Federal safety regulations, procedures, and guidelines.
- Identifies, implements and delivers safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvements.
- Utilizes continuous improvement and Lean methods to deliver positive results.
- Supports site, regional, division, group and operational matrix priorities and objectives.
- Manages and meets budget expectations. Monitors, controls, and reduces costs.
- Delivers on Operating Profit, Margin, Labor, and efficiency expectations.
- Provides leadership to direct reports, influences peers, and manages up accordingly.
- Provides a vision of World Class Assembly Operations and strives to attain that vision.
- Presents a World Class perception and delivers KPI performance results in line with that perception.
- Enforces transactional accuracy of area and maintains positive inventory control.
- Conducts capacity planning, staffs' area appropriately, and resolves staffing issues and constraints.
- Ensures training and development of direct and indirect reports in the production area.
- Administers and enforces company policy and procedures.
- Recommends capital expenditures that improve the plant capacity and profitability
- Maintains adequate staffing levels and provides technical and personal development training to aid employees in meeting their responsibilities and prepare for future advancement.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all who enter our plants. Promotes and follows all safety guidelines including utilization of proper PPE.
Education and Experience
Four-year degree from an accredited college or university and five years of leadership experience within a manufacturing setting preferred or equivalent.
Skills and Competencies
- Well developed business acumen.
- Ability to interview, identify, select, engage and retain talent. Must be skilled in coaching and motivating others.
- Must understand basic MRP systems.
- Must be able to function in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to understand and apply ISO 9001, 14001 and TS16949 standards.
Computers and Technology
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of MS Office Products – Word, Power Point, and Excel.
Job ID 2019-31860