We are looking for a Network Engineer who, while working within a team, be responsible for maintaining and administering our company's enterprise network infrastructure. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations in regard to network infrastructure, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network to identify potential issues and fix existing problems. Capacity planning, forecasting, and developing long-term network infrastructure solutions, utilizing industry-standard best practices will also be a key responsibility of this position.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of enterprise and data center network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including wireless, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, DHCP & DNS servers, and WAN accelerators. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols, particularly routing and switching, is highly desired. Must be strong in Cisco routing and switching infrastructure in a large enterprise environment.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering enterprise network infrastructure and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures as required by the Security or Compliance teams.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software and hardware, and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Mentoring and coaching of network administrators.
Network Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology with a network engineering focus or similar focus, or equivalent work experience directly in an enterprise network engineering role.
- 3-5 years of progressive responsibilities, designing and supporting network engineering solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of enterprise network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams utilizing Visio, and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse teams, not only in other areas of IT, but in other areas of the business. As such the ability to break complex technical issues down to simple and easy to understand concepts is necessary.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary, and ability to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience, with a comfort level utilizing multiple routing protocols.
- Technical knowledge of Cisco, Palo Alto, and Citrix.
- Knowledge of industry-standard best practices as it relates to security, design, and support of network infrastructure
Lands' End, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer