Design, maintain and configure network solutions in a comlex WAN environment. All solutions must be robust, stable, and high performing to support a large integrated HealthCare network.
Essential functions are those tasks, duties, and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job's purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. Following are the essential functions of the job, along with the corresponding performance standards.
- Works with leadership to update and maintain network standards.
- Cisco ACI & VMWare or equivalent
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunties; reading professional publications; maintaing personal networks; participating in professional orginizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
EDUCATION: BS degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience: 5+ years of experience in the design and implementation of networks both LAN and WAN. ACI and NSX experience are required. Experience with SDN, VPN setup and configuration. Broad Cisco background, router and switch configuration and deployment
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal.