We seek an innovative Web Developer II who will work with a smaller, agile team of programmers to develop IT solutions for a broad range of laboratory services. In this role you will develop web page user interfaces for the organization's Laboratory Information Management System running on the Microsoft technology stack.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops web page user interfaces. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents web pages based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams. Estimates and tracks time required to complete work
- Develops web page designs to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting web pages will operate efficiently and reliably. Understands business function supported by the web page to encompass within design framework. Ensures design integrates with other related web pages.
- Codes web pages using CSS, JQuery and HTML.
- Tests and debugs web pages to finalize and ensure smooth operation.
- Documents web page design, coding and other details to guide others in web page development, use and maintenance.
- Supports, updates and maintains existing web pages in response to business needs, operational problems or other factors. Coordinates with project teams to design, code, test and document web page changes.
- Coordinates with project team members to define web page requirements. Identifies business needs, assesses available technologies and develops and presents solutions.
- Provides high level of customer service, partners with end users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new web pages.
- Occasional development within core ASP.NET and REST API applications written in C#.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Typically 3+ years experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of:
- C# and ASP.NET and REST API programming using Visual Studio
- Proficiency in Database Development is a plus.
- Demonstrated use of efficient, structured programming techniques. Code is efficient and maintainable.
BENEFICIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with PDF report development.
- Experience with website performance tuning.
- Some familiarity with database concepts and SQL query development.
- Familiarity with UX best practices and standardization.