Why We Need You:
At PEMCO it's all about people, starting with our customers. We're a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don't.
We're committed to exceptional customer experience, and providing internal users with the best possible tools and applications to do their jobs is how we keep committment. We're looking for a creative, .NET Developer with experience in an agile environment to extend the reach of our exceptional customer service. We have a unique structure here - our Business Technology Services team is directly accountable for architecting, designing, building and maintaining core insurance applications for our agents, customer service reps and other internal users. That means you can help shape the future of PEMCO's core businesses - identify opportunities, develop solutions, and see an immediate impact on our customers.
What You'll Be Doing
- Experience working on initial architecture and design through product launch and support – expect experience level to be equally strong across both types of work environment
- Day-to-day interaction and collaboration with a team of Project Managers, Agile Developers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Analysts. Approaches work using an Agile development methodology (Extreme Programming)
- Must thrive in complex, fast-paced development environments with limited documentation. Results-oriented and self-starter demeanor expected, along with adherence to daily development milestones (high degree of transparency).
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative, team environment. Expect daily/hourly collaboration (paired development) with other developers, BAs and/or QAs.
- Demonstrated ability to regularly communicate complex technical issues, solutions and designs to a wide variety of audiences, from Project Management to developer to desk level user.
What You'll Bring
- Two or more (2+) years .net development in multi-tier, multi-platform, high availability IIS based applications.
- One or more (1+) years experience writing and debugging SQL Server stored procedures.
- Aptitude for software development according to Agile principles.
- Experience working in a multidiscipline, collaborative, team environment.
- Must thrive in complex, fast paced environment with limited documentation.
- Good analysis and debugging skills.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft technologies in the web environment.
- Experience with design and development of complex object models, use of design patterns, and building multi-tier applications.
- Understanding of Web Services (e.g. SOAP, SOA).
- Insurance industry experience preferred.