The Integration Analyst is responsible for the analysis, design, and testing of complex applications and system integration processessupporting MassMutual’s Investment, Enterprise Risk, and Corporate Finance units. This role supports strategic investment initiatives within these areas and ensures recommended solutions are aligned with business and MassMutual IT strategies while adhering to relevant technology standards.
This role leverages problem solving and analytical skills to design technical solutions related to data management and system integration challenges, and contributes to troubleshooting efforts across multiple functional areas including General Investment Accounts, Separate Investment Accounts, Securities & various technology platforms supporting Investments, Finance, and Enterprise Risk.
This is a critical role in maintaining the cohesion between the business stakeholders and the technology delivery teams. It requires a deep and broad technology background conducive to that found in a “advanced application developer” but this is not a development position but will participate and guide technology decisions and best practices. It also requires a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently or in collaboration, exceptional communication skills, and knowledge of, or the aptitude to learn the investment management data domain.
- Accountable for documentation of the technical design based on the non-functional requirements.
- Establish and approve best practices and standards with respect to design and development.
- Participate / lead complex project design teams.
- Perform impact analysis on various proposed technical solutions.
- Understand the Project Architecture and translate into efficient designs that are scalable, maintainable, and re-usable, ensuring that designs are aligned with business and technical strategy.
- Contribute to and review estimates for development and testing work.
- Participate in / lead design review sessions.
- Clarify and resolve design related issues with developers.
- Contribute to and review test strategy and test plans.
- Review and provide input to the project plan during architecture & design phase.
- Highlight potential and actual design / development issues effectively and work through to the appropriate resolution
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer or business related field
- 3 years of experience with designing and implementing complex solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience with C# .NET, Entity Framework, HTML 5.0, Angular JS, Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), IIS, SQL Server T-Query, SQL Server XQuery
- Experience with batch job scheduling (TWS/Maestro), orchestration, secure file transfer (MFT), XML and XML concepts (schemas, XSD, XSLT), DB2/SQL/Oracle query and query writing
- Skilled leading and/or participating in system design and architectural activities including technical requirement writing experience and ability to lead collaboration for important design decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in solution design
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors, and third party contractors
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced team members
- Strong understanding and adherence to IT SDLC and operational best practices
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- 7 years of experience with designing and implementing complex solutions preferred
- Strong knowledge of ETL development with deep understanding of the SDLC, development patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge of investment data and/or financial data
- Knowledge of data governance and data management technologies and methodologies