NIC Inc., the nation’s premier provider of innovative digital government solutions and secure payment processing is currently seeking applicants for a .NET Developer opportunity located at our corporate headquarters in Olathe, KS.
At NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV), it’s our mission to make government interactions more accessible for everyone through technology. NIC’s company culture is driven by a set of core values: trust, integrity, responsibility, passion, innovation, family, and community. As a member of the Corporate team, you will work as a team to drive application and adoption of emerging technologies to create effective and citizen-centric, digital government solutions.
Individual contributor to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications, providing specialized technical or business knowledge to projects. Incumbents act as internal consultants, providing technical guidance or business process expertise on the most complex projects or researching strategic planning matters from a technical or business standpoint. This position will identify causes and implement solutions to business problems in a multi-functional project, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the business.
- Provide technical expertise within an assigned business unit/area in the analysis, design, and development of business applications
- Accountable for major development responsibilities of large/complex projects or across multiple, nearly simultaneous smaller projects
- Provide technical consulting support on projects or system issues
- Evaluate application software packages and make recommendations to management
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions
- Participate in business and IT project estimation activities, from the position of being a subject matter expert
- Assists with the on boarding of new Developers (shadowing, training, mentoring, and support)
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent, in area of specialty
- 5-7 years’ experience in business application design, development, installation and modification in an IT environment.
- Strong in both breadth and depth of experience with multiple programming languages and development techniques
- Advanced knowledge of the fundamental principles of functional and unit testing and relational database technologies
- Capable of complex project work while balancing application support responsibilities
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in mainframe, midrange, and PC computing environments desirable; in-depth experience in one or more areas is critical
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments; knowledge or relevant technology, tools, and middleware is critical Strong ability to accurately estimate project development activities
- Ability to identify, develop, and document business requirements, technical requirements, and functional design
- Advanced understanding and ability to use the specific language your job requires, such as JQuery, java, HTML,.NET, PhP, etc.
- Basic understanding of ITIL v3 fundamentals, service oriented architecture
- Ability to use Content Management fundamentals
- Demonstrates proficiency within their knowledge of industry specifics, including software security best practices, Payment Card Industry, and large-scale application architectures
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies such as Agile Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework or similar
- Possesses both technical and non-technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to conceptualize, plan, develop and deliver a variety of creative solutions
- Programming with data residing in relational database
- Demonstrates a consistent understanding of business application design, development, installation, and refactoring
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays and vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.