This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center on 12720 I Street in Omaha
• Refine and enhance the KTG application architecture strategy and roadmap.
• Work with our business and field users to understand current technology gaps.
• Help Kiewit continue its growth into the being a data driven company by identifying cutting edge technologies that can solve business problems we have today.
• Work with KTG leadership to ensure the technology solution's goals support the business needs and initiatives.
• Accountable for technical integrity, fit-for-purpose, and alignment with product and technical architecture strategy.
• Work across multiple domains to facilitate meetings with Business stakeholders, Project Managers, IT Leaders, Business Leaders, and Solution Leads to identify and suggest options for solutions that align with business needs.
• Work closely with product teams and business during inception, ideation, user centered design, and solution design phases of application life cycle.
• Works closely with delivery teams to ensure proper hand-off.
• Work with Infrastructure Architects and Data Center Operations on the design of new application architecture opportunities ensuring automation and DevOps is a top priority in the release and deployment cycle
• Develop and promote corporate application architecture standards.
• Ensure all application architecture standards, documentation and scripts are accessible to entire organization.
• Provide technical direction for integrating new technologies and disparate applications.
• Participate in all new platform and software evaluations.
• Facilitate proper integration between custom built in-house applications and purchased software.
• Drive roadmap definition for existing and future products
• Proactively identify opportunities to enable business results with technology solutions.
• Mentor junior technology team members in best practices, technical options, and expediting technical solutions.
• Ability to lead, influence, and motivate the organization to achieve results
• Document and communicate complex concepts effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Experience with the following front end technology preferred SignalR, Angular, Kendo UI, React, and Xamarin
• Experience with the following back-end technologies LogicApps, Azure WebJobs, Azure Funtions, Azure API Management, ASP.NET Web API, ODataV4, Data Lake, HDFS, WebHDFS, AzureSql, CosmosDB
• 7+ years’ experience designing, developing, implementing and performance tuning .NET web applications
• 5+ years with .NET, Visual Studio and architecture design tools
• 3+ years leading and/or developing in newest web and mobile technologies
• 3+ years leading application execution in Azure or similar technologies
• 3+ years’ experience and/or implementation and support of network topologies and infrastructure
• Agile development experience
• Significant experience working with multiple staffing models – onshore, offshore, and nearshore
• Previous experience aligning technology roadmaps with business goals and initiatives.
• Strong communicator with ability to translate technical terms and concepts into graphics and business terms.
• Experience working with all levels of an organization.
• Proven ability to develop great relationships with co-workers, credibility with leadership, and rapport for getting things done with stakeholders.
• Experience selecting technology solutions that meet requirements, are cost-conscious, and align with Kiewit's technology goals and roadmap.
• Experience with multiple relational and dimensional databases
• Ability to set technical direction for a project or application
• Ability to define and facilitate Application Architecture review process
• Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resources staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent Problem solving skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or equivalent experience
• Ability to Travel