About the role
This role is the primary point of contact for an account portfolio consisting of National, Regional and/or top-tier Regional and local Durable Medical Equipment (DME), Drug/Medical Surgical Distributors, Home Health Care and/or Alternate Channel GPO customer accounts. This position supports Mead Johnson sales and market share and sales growth objectives by implementing account specific business strategies, objectives and tactics via contracting, pricing/ rebates, reimbursement and fulfillment/ distribution. This role serves as advisor and support for Medical Sales Force and related hospital contracting and office initiatives to retain and grow specialty business/ brands within HC/ DME assigned geography matrixed with counterparts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manages all aspects of business, including serving as MJN's key customer contact within HC/ DME key account contracting/ Supply Chain. Develops and builds relationships with materials management executives and key contracting department staff, GPO, DME and Distributors, clinical staff and/or affiliates to both support and advance business partnerships in concert with district and regional teams.
- Identifies, assesses and targets account opportunities that best fit the financial and strategic objectives. Identifies opportunities for increased market share within current business at targeted accounts. Develops annual business plan and growth forecast for each assigned account
- Performs strategic account analysis using ROI analyses that include considerations such as usage, product cost, distribution fees, market share, rebates and patient related services working closely with Finance and Marketing
- Ability to assess and understand the current and potential future value of assigned accounts. Possesses a keen understanding of organization's business model, including contracting policies and processes. Successfully presents strategic business case to internal stakeholders as needed to address opportunities
- Negotiates contracts with customer by developing and executing appropriate win/win strategies. Exhibits strong business acumen and the ability to understand business constraints, margin, level of authority and autonomy for negotiating with customers
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding established annual sales goals and account objectives
- Conducts ongoing business reviews to gauge contract performance, client satisfaction and priorities, and to assess strategic relationship. Also identifies trends, usage/purchasing patterns, and assesses opportunities to expand product portfolio
- Develops solutions autonomously to a variety of account issues, working within existing MJN policies, procedures, and programs. Shares learning and insights with team
- Actively participates in cross-functional teams and assigned projects to support the National Accounts strategy and execution in alignment with Medical Sales Force sales growth initiatives
- Formulates robust programs and business propositions to include an array MJN product-related services beyond price to create compelling contract proposal offerings packaged in a manner to provide customer accounts with competitively superior partnership opportunities
- Positively impact customer contracting opportunities through expert understanding of state level reimbursement
- Leads Region and the Region Medical Sales Force leadership team in State WIC, Medicaid and Managed Care initiatives related to product formulary assistance and reimbursement
Is this You? Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years progressive sales experience in a related health care environment, with some account management experience within the healthcare channel.
- RD or RN preferred but not required
- DME industry experience required, comprehensive understanding of DME distribution partners preferred.
- Knowledge of reimbursement for Mead Johnson Nutrition and competitive products.
- Sales and people management experience highly preferred.
- Strong analytical ability with a demonstrated ability to apply financial analysis principles to assess and recommend effective allocation of resources. Ability to analyze and interpret sales and marketing data and trends from a variety of internal and external sources with strong focus on ability to understand impact and execute strategically.
- Keen understanding of the regulatory environment in the healthcare industry.
- Significant experience working directly with health care executives, opinion leaders, technical experts.
- Strong track record developing and executing successful business plans.
- Ability to effectively deliver presentations, provides recommendations, and develops forecasts.
- Strong executive level presence.
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to operate effectively within a matrix organization.
- Customer centric.