The MEP Project Manager will provide MEP support services throughout the design development process including document reviews, value engineering options, and due diligence to confirm feasibility of systems. During construction, will periodically review the quality of mechanical, electrical and plumbing and low voltage construction work to ensure that the work is in accordance with project specifications, specific cost and schedule requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Standards and Guidelines
· Assist the Director of MEP and the Director of Architecture with creating and maintaining relevant EL MEP standards and guidelines.
· Work with internal partners, including but not limited to, General Services, Dining Services, IT, Sales & Marketing, Procurement and Health Services, to ensure that the standards and guidelines are accurately incorporated to the design and construction of buildings.
· Working with the project Development Director, assist in providing relevant information on EL MEP Standards and guidelines to the consultant MEP supervisory Engineers and relevant staff.
· Periodically attend project design progress meetings as required.
· Review drawings and specifications to ensure conformance to the EL MEP standards and guidelines.
2. Acting as Owner's Representative, assist with the following tasks:
· Work with the design team to achieve a detailed understanding of the contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, MEP systems interrelationships, construction sequencing and project schedule.
· Attend construction progress meeting and field walks as required.
· Work with the project Development Director to facilitate problem solving, as may arise, between General Contractor/MEP Subcontractors during construction.
· Validate design issues related to MEP and suggest alternative solutions.
· Assist in the receipt and review of MEP submittals.
· Verify MEP changes and as-built information.
· Assist in the scope review, budgeting and justification of MEP change work orders.
· Review and assist, as required with the coordination and administration of MEP related materials, systems and shop drawings submittals.
· Assist in the testing, commissioning and turnover of MEP systems and equipment.
· Work with the project Development Director and Director of MEP to ensure that General Contractor and MEP Subcontractors provide and adhere to relevant Quality/Closeout documentation/records.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each of the Essential Duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Must be driven to create organizational success in a team environment.
2. Ability to challenge conventional thinking and escalate issues as appropriate.
3. Strong decision making skills
4. Demonstrate excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
CPE or CCP Preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to navigate an active construction job site including but not limited to climbing ladders and walking on unfinished, uneven surfaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel is required for this job and is estimated at 75%.
Responsible for routine decision making as it relates to the essential functions of the position.
Makes recommendations regarding policy