The position oversees all marketing-related activities including market definition/understanding, marketing strategy, market planning, budget planning, brand management, marketing and sales integration and requires an ability to implement strategically. Experience in developing and deploying growth strategies; knowledge across a spectrum of core marketing disciplines and marketing analytics; people and team management skills; collegial behavior; and the capability to make sound judgments and decisions with respect to design and implementation of marketing plans.
- Manages marketing strategy design and execution for the Indiana and Central Illinois markets through collaboration with marketing leadership team, selected regional line of business (LOB) and industry leads; Office Managing Partners/location leaders, and other regional leaders, including LOB, industry and specialty practice and business development leaders.
- Key focus is on helping the assigned practices achieve revenue and growth goals in the short term and to enhance the RSM brand in the long-term.
- Project management responsibility for key deliverables as outlined in the marketing plan, including marketing campaigns, programs, community involvement strategies, association strategies, demand generation, data base analytics, target market definitions, and ongoing analysis to make and implement recommendations to help internal clients achieve their growth goals.
- Integrates and manages designated marketing team and related resources from regional and national marketing teams including marketing communications resources, database and demand generation resources, proposal support staff, marketing associates and administrative staff who serve local teams.
- Coordinates marketing resources to ensure implementation of strategic marketing plans including defining success criteria, measure effectiveness of initiatives, and report on results.
- Manages development and implementation of marketing communications and resource materials for assigned areas.
- Builds and maintains relationships with strategically aligned external organizations such as local publications and relevant industry/business associations and organizations.
- Manages development and implementation of go-to-market strategies for assigned areas.
- Facilitates overall project management of annual marketing planning, budget recommendation and measurement process for their assigned responsibility areas.
- Works closely with others in the marketing function and business to ensure timely development of integrated marketing plans that are aligned with and support key business strategies for assigned teams. Plans as appropriate are integrated across geography, LOB and industry. Process is aligned with the national marketing planning.
Monitoring, Measuring, Quality:
- Seeks to determine best practices for the delivery of efficient, cost effective marketing processes & programs, balancing the need for a pragmatic approach to execution and delivery with the need to deliver services to a consistently high standard for assigned responsibility areas. Identifies opportunities to drive cost optimization and efficiency through the appropriate measurement of return on investment of marketing spend, and through effective utilization of talent, technology and financial resources.
- Champions the firm's brand internally and externally within the region; ensures full compliance with the brand strategy, messaging, and identity management guidelines throughout the firm for their areas of responsibility.
- Participates in selection and development of marketing resources for teams under their assigned responsibility areas. May serve as a Career Advisor taking an active role in their performance planning and evaluation process and providing coaching.
- Creates an environment of trust, teamwork, development, empowerment, and entrepreneurship through quality communication, relationships, coaching and mentoring and actively and visibly demonstrating appropriate behaviors.
- Motivates and develops a high performing marketing team.
- Provides mentoring and assistance to marketing employees that they supervise or influence in the areas of marketing strategy and planning and brand management, improved teamwork and communication.
- Bachelor's degree with proven experience
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience with a preference for experience in a large professional services or similar organization
- Deep understanding of various competencies related to the marketing of accounting, tax and consulting services
- Understanding of the needs of "C" level officers within the firm's target marketing, including CFO's and CEOs
- Understanding of manufacturing, consumer products and business and professional services industries a plus
- Proven abilities to collect, synthesize and manage market/client data, and develop and implement direct marketing, advertising, PR, social media, branding and digital marketing initiatives
- Must exhibit an exceptional client service attitude, possess outstanding people skills and take a proactive approach in working with employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate, and deliver tough prescriptive messages
- Demonstrated skills in diagnostics, analytics, coordination, collaboration and planning
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
- Seeks ongoing improvement by systematically performing gap analyses, and factoring learning into counter-measures for all areas of responsibility
- Ability to travel 15 – 25%
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req8161