The Marketing Manager is responsible for marketing a portfolio of Meggitt aftermarket products. Developing a sales pipeline of opportunities and creating go-to market strategies and differentiated value propositions to enable the sales team to promote.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Product segment responsibility – Responsible for all marketing activities, required to support the allocated portfolio of Aftermarket products.
- Go-to market strategies - Develops the go-to market marketing campaigns and growth strategies for the allocated aftermarket product groups, using the optimal multi-channel means.
- Pipeline development Develops the new opportunity pipeline for the allocated Product Segment, ensuring a strong portfolio of opportunities is available for the sales team to promote – Includes RMU, IP, MRO, spares etc…..
- Value Propositions - Develops differentiated Value Propositions for CSS capabilities and products, within the allocated Product Segment. Creating the supporting promotional material / pricing required by the Sales Team.
- SMART Support TM – Develops SMART Support TM materials for their Product Segment, for use in the CSS SMART Support market offering.
- RMU++ Sales & Marketing campaigns - Develops the sales forecast and contributes to development of the Value Proposition for new RMU++ opportunities, within the allocated Product segment.
- Bookings forecasts - Manages the bookings / order forecasts for Budget / RF / SIOP at the allocated Product Segment level. Taking customer and market forecasts and insights from the Sales team and translating these into Product Segment forecasts and strategies.
- Market intelligence - Provides macro level market and competitive intelligence, including pricing and competitive standing. As well as monitoring customer buying patterns, to identify areas requiring 'Get Well' actions or new business opportunities.
- Pricing – Responsible for establishing market pricing intelligence, for use by our Pricing department and Sales team members. Developing aftermarket price strategy, for the allocated Product Segment.
- Training – Trains the sales team and other
Education: Post-Secondary Degree in Marketing or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectation.
Years Of Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 20%
- Marketing experience, including examples of creating differentiated Value Propositions
- Strong Meggitt product knowledge an advantage, technical or commercial
- Strong aerospace knowledge, with experience of collating & using business intelligence.
- Market and sales forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with Meggitt staff globally and across functions.
- Some international travel may be required
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to gather data, to compile information and prepare reports
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other