HarperOne publishes books for the world we want to live in—our core categories include spirituality, social change, health and healing, personal growth, the environment, religion, and science and technology.
- Oversee elements of paid online marketing activities for a variety of books and campaigns.
- Contribute to seasonal campaign strategy and planning.
- Communicate directly with marketers as well as publicists editors, authors, agents, talent managers and cross-promotional partners about campaigns.
- Increase HarperOne's online presence through various social media initiatives and direct to consumer email lists.
- Analyze consumer insights and other data for acquisition discussions.
- Optimize campaigns based on consumer insights, analytics, and feedback from team.
- Create copy for web, email, social, campaigns as needed.
- Contribute to creative briefs for online assets.
- Serve as SEO and metadata expert for marketing team.
- As needed, develop email acquisition strategy for both authors and internal initiatives.
- Provide campaign reporting & analysis.
- Collaborate with outside agencies for some ad placements and media buys.
- Advise and train the team as needed on digital advertising and marketing tools .
- Participate in a collaborative culture that focuses on sharing best practices.
- Manage social media community for brands and all levels of authors.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest tools, trends, best practices, outlets, and opportunities in the digital advertising and promotion space.
- Oversee the author/brand websites and email newsletters that HarperOne owns and operates, including attending to updates, adjustments, and redesigns as needed.
- Must possess college degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have at least 3-4 years of consumer marketing experience in digital advertising and/or marketing
- Experience using social media (such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) as a marketing and sales tool
- Strong experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, and YouTube advertising platforms
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical skills in interpreting advertising, email, and sales data
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Organizational skills, collaborative nature, willingness to speak in front of and communicate with large groups of colleagues