The Big Picture:
Do you love interacting with dynamic teams and managing projects to completion? If so, you'll want to check this out! Mortenson has an exciting opening for a Marketing Manager!
The Marketing Manager is responsible for working with the business development team, marketing coordinators, and construction teams to create compelling responses to RFPs to meet customer requirements and differentiate Mortenson from competitors; provide oversight of the entire proposal process including coordinating scheduling and resources, monitoring work-flow, and producing and approving final proposal documents.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with supervisor and marketing team to manage 2-3 specific deadline-driven proposals at any given time
- Facilitate interaction between business development, marketing coordinators, and operations group executives to guarantee the timeliness and quality of each stage of proposal preparation from creation to completion
- Identify process issues affecting the completion of assigned tasks
- Resolve and/or escalate issues related to gaps or errors in content, timeliness, or other potential issues which could compromise the final product
- Supervise the creation, development, and production of effective proposals, presentations, and other marketing materials to provide a competitive advantage leading to the acquisition of new business.
- Assume ownership of content management
- Facilitate meetings with marketing coordinators, business development, design phase managers, project executives and operations group leaders to develop proposals and graphics that address target audience requirements and hot buttons
- Manage the change control process
- Ensure that all proposals use defined documentation methods, processes and tools that meet the highest quality standards
- Act as the principle editor on all proposals
- Develop and implement a structured review process of all proposal efforts
- Establish and closely monitor project timelines to ensure that completed proposals meet scheduling deadlines and stay within budget
- Create and maintain a proposal library for historical reference purposes. Library will include electronic and hard copies of completed proposals
- Organize and maintain past proposal templates in searchable categories to aide in future proposal activity
- Guide marketing team in developing and refining a strategy for the proposal process and content, which involves acting as a consultant/facilitator from pre-proposal to presentation stages
- Apply targeted marketing and sales principles to the proposal process in order to customize creative solutions which meet or exceed customer expectations
- Participate/collaborate in overall marketing strategy development and implementation
Other marketing activities
- Participate in the coordination of new business development opportunities, such as trade shows, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Participate in the implementation of day-to-day marketing efforts including marketing materials development, distribution of press releases, award submittals, customer events, and other marketing activities
How will you succeed?
- Detailed–oriented with exceptional writing and communication skills
- Must be capable of delivering comprehensive proposals by drawing segmented information from construction, operations, and leadership teams and translating the information into solution- based language tailored to each customer
- Possess excellent verbal skills and be able to interact with customers, marketing team, and senior management
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to deadlines and identify obstacles which would impact timeliness and quality
- Proficiency at scheduling project assignments and monitoring work flow to optimize results is strongly desired
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign) is also required
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Adaptive, effective communication and active listening skills
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and inclusive behaviors
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels
- Proven track record of including diverse team members when assigning challenging and high-profile tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, or Communications strongly preferred
- Minimum 7 years of proposal development and/or marketing management experience