Your role in helping us shape the future:
You are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who designs, implements, measures, and maintains marketing campaigns and programs aligned with the business strategy and product marketing objectives.
You enjoy using your experience to design the marketing mix, content needs, and tactics that achieve Portfolio Marketing objectives such as building brand awareness, creating demand, strengthening reputation, and enabling the Sales teams' success. You love having ownership of the plan and results, managing the campaign and its adherence to project plans, budget, and expected results.
The role requires constant collaboration with Portfolio Marketing, Communications, Regional Marketing, and other marketing team resources (Events, Digital, Brand and agency partners) to ensure the strategy is aligned to objectives. You also ensure that the campaign theme and design are in alignment with the corporate messaging framework, brand and messaging guidance. This role is a hands-on role, including both management and executional functions, including overall accountability for results as well as direct ownership for some program tactics.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Create campaign strategies, with the right mix of tactics in alignment with objectives
- Manage the execution of awareness, demand creation and sales enablement program families, directly owning execution of some tactics, leveraging the capacity of internal teams and external agencies
- Initiate, direct and execute on multiple programs, initiatives and timelines
- Build strong vendor and developer relations, while managing resources, programs and projects to optimize results
- Develop content briefs, and oversee the work of internal and external agencies, such as copywriters, designers, animators and printers, who will deliver much of the campaign activity
- Ensure accuracy of marketing materials and provide formal sign off, as well as write, edit, and proofread copy for promotional materials within marketing campaigns, if necessary
- Deliver regular reports of total campaign performance, evaluate KPIs and ROI, including analysis of online and offline marketing channels (i.e. landing page, web, advertising, and events), adjusting based on performance data to continually optimize the strategy, plan, and results
- Stays abreast of industry trends, implementing best practices, and presenting new opportunities
- Experience with marketing automation systems and Salesforce.com preferred.
Can you drive these processes?
- You will be at the center of all marketing activities – having a leadership mindset, you will be responsible for managing day-to-day campaign execution, reviewing content and creative, and performing ongoing program analysis and reporting.
You should definitely have:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Management skills: Devise campaign plans, with the ability to manage a team or external agencies that deliver them. Ability to guide the team and establish parameters, but delegate tasks, rather than micro-manage them.
- Communication skills: Excellent writing skills are a pre-requisite, as you will frequently have to edit copy for marketing programs. Excellent verbal skills are also critical, due to the need to manage relationships with agencies and third parties as well as persuade a non-marketing audience, such as senior level managers within the organization, of the wisdom of proposed campaigns.
- Project management skills: As a campaign manager, you will have to work within a budget, meet deadlines for multiple projects and ensure ROI on marketing campaigns. You will need to manage the organization's input and output effectively and intervene if program results are not as successful as anticipated.
- Numerical skills: Must have analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to acquire data and use it to target selected groups, as well as analyzes the success of campaigns.
It would be nice if you had:
- B2B campaign management, telecommunications and/or technology marketing experience