Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Maintains and generates profitable revenue by leading a team of sales and account management representatives. Assists in developing and executing the Market Area's Sales and Marketing Plan in order to improve revenue quality through price and service decisions.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manages the Market Area's proactive account retention program and assigns retention responsibility to the appropriate Account Managers.
- Maintains and reinforces the corporate retention strategy and design with the Retention Team.
- Demonstrates outstanding management and customer service skills to motivate team members and affect a loyal customer base.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction on all transactions with existing customers. Communicates to and works with the Market Area Management Team to help resolve unique customer issues.
- Supervises activities of the Sales and Retention Department. Ensures team members meet or exceed call activity, proactive retention, pricing improvement, service upgrades, and service agreement conversion goals.
- Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program in order to develop the skills of retention personnel.
- Works with the Market Area Sales Manager to communicate and effectively manage the Market Area's price increase strategies including meeting price increase goals.
- Effectively manages, maintains and ensures the use of Waste Management sales tools (i.e. Proposal Program, Customer Database, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Ensures entire Retention Representative Team is well trained in the use of these tools.
- Analyzes lost business trends and recommends corrective actions.
- Provides expert industry knowledge and interpretation of regulations to retention team and customers.
- Regularly meets with customer executives to ensure client needs are being met and expectations are exceeded.
- Interviews and recruits qualified candidates for retention positions.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of ________ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School or GED (accredited) and five (5) years of business-to-business sales.
- Experience: Two (2) years business-to-business sales and three (3) years business-to-business sales management (in addition to education requirement).
- Applicable experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- This is a management position. Placement into or advancement to this position is dependent upon individual performance, local market conditions and/or district's requirements. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of training prerequisites and Market Area management approval.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Candidates must be able to: build relationships, communicate with impact, demonstrate professionalism, demonstrate leadership/coaching, make sound decisions, think strategically, produce results, know the business, influence and negotiate, manage work/time, and use ethical practices.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.