At BMC, the Market LBM Sales Manager is the go-to leader for the outside sales team and has a knack for sales and coordination. They coach the activities of the outside sales team to optimize revenue and margin within the market. They assist the Market Manager to ensure efficient, effective sales operations and exceptional customer relations. This leader continually works with and leads internal and external stakeholders to exceed sales goals.
- Maintains and grows existing customer base across all business categories through effective team selling.
- Develop, coordinates and executes sales strategies with Market Manager, OSR''s and Market Sales team. Sales strategies and actions plans to include remove barriers, penetrate new product categories and development of customer segments.
- Utilizes full scope sales and account management skills to partner with cross-function work teams within BMC achieving timely resolution of performance road
- Strategic review and negotiations with vendors, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Effectively communicates with diverse levels of customers, vendors and associates.
- Establish, assess, develop and manage a performance driven sales team.
- Implement and align sales team strategies with market specific profit/ sales goals and strategies.
- Actively coach OSR's in full scope sales management, sales development tactics and marketing plan execution.
- Ensure company and market-wide standards and expectations of prospecting call, customer appointment setting, sales presentations, proposals and customer follow-through are met by each OSR assigned in the market.
- Regularly provides market intelligence and feedback; including team and individual performance, pricing, competition and segment market developments to Market Leadership.
- Secure and develop associate talent pool to ensure successful retention and promotional standards.
- Open communication with all levels regarding market challenges, solutions and business impacts.
- Provide input and assistance in the development and implementation of overall market planning.
- Manage expense budget to ensure successful compliance for market-wide budget demands.
- Bachelors in business management, marketing or related field.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and local building codes and compliance requirements.
- MS Office and Computer literate.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in designated builder segment and building materials supply.
- Demonstrated management experience, working knowledge of sales forecasting and analysis, as well as strong sales and marketing skills.