Cross Country Healthcare is a national leader in providing innovative healthcare workforce solutions and staffing services. Our solutions leverage our nearly 40 years of expertise and insight to assist clients in solving complex labor-related challenges while maintaining high quality outcomes. We are dedicated to recruiting and placing highly qualified healthcare professionals in virtually every specialty and area of expertise. With more than 9,500 active contracts, our diverse client base includes both clinical and nonclinical settings, servicing acute care hospitals, physician practice groups, outpatient and ambulatory-care centers, nursing facilities, both public schools and charter schools, rehabilitation and sports medicine clinics, government facilities.
The primary responsibility of the Manager, Web Applications is to lead a team of Software Engineers in the design and construction of web and mobile based applications. The Manager will be instrumental in driving architecture design and implementations, mentoring team members, and managing business relationships and must be able to stay on top of technology changes in the market and continuously look for opportunities to leverage new technology, while ensuring the team is implementing web best practices in both technology and SEO.
- Manage a team of onsite and offshore software developers in the development of web and mobile applications
- Design and communicate the overall software architecture. Implement checks to ensure the architecture is adhered to
- Meet with the business and marketing stakeholders to understand their needs and work with the team to provide timely and quality solutions
- Stay up to date on the web technology market including specific products such as Oracle WebCenter Sites, OutSystems, etc.
- Implement and monitor web security standards and testing
- Mentor team members in development, requirements gathering, and software methodologies and process
- Construct and deliver long term plans, estimates, and product roadmaps
- Present technology and project presentations to upper management for discussion and approvals
- Manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Identify product and project risks, communicate them to the team, and create mitigation plans
- Drive continuous improvements leveraging Agile methodologies
- Facilitate team communication, team building exercises, and morale
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated aptitude towards analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to assess relevant facts, identify alternative approaches and supply recommended solutions.
- Self-starter, innovative, resourceful and results oriented.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- BS/BA and 5+ years in web application development (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years as a software development team lead or manager
- 3+ years of in depth and hands-on experience with Oracle WebCenter Sites
- Hands on experience using low code development tools such as OutSystems, Boomi, etc. is a plus
- Experience working on a SCRUM/Agile team and working with related tools such as JIRA Agile
- Extensive experience working with a distributed offshore/onsite team
- Deep understanding of Search Engine Optimization techniques
- Proven ability to develop / grow teams and resources to meet the needs of the organization and clients
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of healthcare staffing a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills for effective communication to clients and project team members; including prior experience writing white papers, proposals, research reports, articles and case studies.
Cross Country Healthcare offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including: Medical plan, Dental plan, Life insurance, Disability plan, 401(k) plan and Tuition Assistance