Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle's work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Talent Acquisition in Columbus, Ohio.
This position develops and delivers comprehensive recruiting and sourcing strategies while implementing best practices to support the talent needs of the organization. Ensures expert delivery of recruiting and staffing support through oversight of recruiting team members.
1. Assesses current and future staffing needs of the organization and develops appropriate talent acquisition plans; works with leadership to develop overall staffing strategy and support initiatives/programs.
2. Partners with marketing and leadership teams to increase awareness of the company and attract talented individuals.
3. Builds and implements contemporary and innovative approaches for sourcing and selection strategies that meet business needs and create a continuous pipeline of talent for the company.
4. Develops processes, tools, and training to help select candidates that best align with company culture, leadership attributes, and job and regulatory requirements.
5. Develops the recruitment technology plan (applicant tracking, recruitment management, internet sourcing, etc.) to support sourcing, selecting, onboarding, and handling applicants; utilize applicant tracking and other HR systems to ensure effective and appropriate reports are in place to analyze staffing needs and impact change
6. Ensures compliance with all applicable employment laws and policies and maintains up-to-date internal policies and processes.
7. Partners with leadership to develop metrics and standards, regular reporting, and analysis on staffing effectiveness; monitors and analyzes recruiting, diversity and retention metrics, and develops action plans to address identified staffing needs.
8. Manages relationships with executive search and other third party recruiting companies.
9. Evaluates vendor service opportunities for use in delivering strategic recruiting support. Assesses effectiveness of existing providers. Evaluates new vendors through external research, benchmarking. Negotiates rates/fee structures in partnership with Procurement.
10. Recruits for positions at the strategic level. Manages key position and executive open requisitions, based on need. Ensures delivery of diverse, high quality talent and organization fit for candidates hired into the organization.
11. Direct leadership of a team which can include Executive Recruiter, Senior Recruiter, Recruiter and intern levels. Tracks staff performance against established, defined performance metrics, including diversity of applicant pool, requisition aging, number of hires, and client and candidate satisfaction.
12. Fosters a team environment through collaborative leadership and improves team performance through individual and team coaching and performance feedback.
Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 5 years of professional recruiting or staffing experience. Master's degree preferred.
Knowledge of applicable employment laws is required. Must have demonstrated working technical knowledge of advanced recruiting techniques, including standard and non-standard recruiting methods, internet mining, direct sourcing and networking with referrals for leads. Demonstrated success recruiting for scientific and/or complex technical positions is required. Must have the ability to handle a high volume of work in a process-oriented environment. Must be detail oriented with excellent written communication skills. Demonstrated Web Research and Computer experience, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel, and PowerPoint is required.