The position leads the Performance Improvement team which is charged with providing both high-level and tactical in-house process consultation and improvement. Responsible for leading multiple, large process improvement projects and teams across the organization, planning, facilitating and leading Kaizen events, mentoring Performance Improvement staff, and serving as the Master Black Belt resource on Lean and Six Sigma projects.
- Develops and implements the Lean and Six Sigma Program strategy. Influences businesses to drive cultural adoption of Lean, Six Sigma, and other improvement methodologies.
- Utilizes Value Stream mapping and analysis to focus ongoing performance improvement activities.
- Manages projects of a broad, cross-functional scope with high impact to the organization.
- Provides coaching in the areas of quantitative analysis, consultative techniques and facilitation to project managers as they lead improvement projects and generate client results.
- Identifies and prioritizes process improvement projects and resources.
- Facilitates Kaizen and other problem solving sessions to meet and exceed business goals
- Creates, motivates and facilitates cross-team collaboration across business units to deliver on business objectives.
- Serves as a change agent to promote the development and integration of systems thinking, customer focus and use of improvement tools and methods in cross-functional or departmental issue identification, investigation and resolution incorporating change management techniques.
- Manages process research and development for new business processes and the improvement and modification of existing processes. This can include process design and redesign, process improvement and systems/technology analysis and implementation.
- Ensures appropriate identification of root causes through effective use of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Prepares and presents findings / proposals to senior management, with recommendations, including cost benefit analysis, risk mitigation with action plans to all management levels.
- Makes available, and offers consulting support, a standard Quality and Performance Improvement Toolset (QPIT) for RCA and performance improvement, which enables operational business leadership to efficiently and effectively resolve issues and improve performance.
- Coordinates special projects, strategic and operational planning initiatives, and reporting. Takes steps to preserve the highly confidentiality of strategic business data.
- Monitors and manages strategic and operational plans and related activities.
- Supports business development activities with research and proposal development analysis, process definition and writing.
- Researches and reports information to support strategic and operational planning and business development, compiles relevant information and summarizes results
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years' experience using Lean and Six Sigma to drive process improvement and/or consulting
- 5+ years' experience managing complex projects/teams
- 4+ years' experience in business analysis, process improvement, and consulting
- Certified Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience with database software, statistical tools and Excel
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- 10+ years' experience using Lean and Six Sigma to drive process improvement initiatives.
- 10+ years' experience managing complex project/teams
- 8+ years' experience in business analysis, process improvement and consulting
- Experience in building internal business partnerships and providing management coaching and mentorship
- Extensive experience with data management, statistical analysis, performance metrics, reporting and presentation techniques.
- Certified Lean or Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Experience in managing teams and direct reports