Five Star Electric Corp. is one of the largest electrical contractors in the New York City metropolitan area and in the United States. We provide our public and private sector clients with a comprehensive suite of services, including power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, security, telecommunications, audio-visual, wireless systems, controls, instrumentation, traction power and transit signaling.
Our company's strength lies within the combined commitment of our people, many of whom have been with the company for many years. In the field or in the office, our team members focus on getting the job done right regardless of the challenges. Their talent, dedication, attitude and work ethic are the cornerstone of our history and our future.
Five Star Electric Corp. has an immediate need for a Safety Manager located in the New York City metropolitan area.
The Safety Manager plans, develops, coordinates and supervises corporate safety, health and environmental protection functions in accordance with company policies and local, state and federal safety, health and environmental regulations. Responsible for working with executives, project management and field supervision to implement the corporate safety and health program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and technical direction and provide updates on all corporate safety and health programs, procedures and policies.
- Provide direction and assistance to division, project and department management personnel to ensure compliance with all safety, accident and fire programs, procedures and policies.
- Provide technical and administrative direction to on-site safety and first aid personnel; includes staffing and personnel administration activities with concurrence of Project Management.
- Thoroughly investigate all safety and environmental incidents and prepare required reports.Recommend remedial action as needed.
- Represent company in all safety-related meetings and hearings (OSHA, etc.).
- Perform periodic safety audits and jobsite inspections and prepare reports.
- Review all safety documentation/reports for accuracy and completeness; ensure all required documents are forwarded to federal/state/local agencies per regulations and to company insurance carrier per their requirements.Maintains company and project-related safety documentation.
- Prepare safety-related input for bid proposals.
- Organize and implement safety programs for new projects including safety incentive programs and post-accident alcohol and drug testing.
- May act as company representative on issues relating to environmental protection concerns. Interfaces as necessary with environmental regulatory agencies and audits project site compliance with environmental protection requirements.
- Develop safety budget and assures expenditures do not exceed the budget.
- Develop, coordinate, initiate and deliver training programs for employees and supervisors.
- Supervise and develop safety personnel as needed.
- Local travel in NYC metropolitan area required.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Four year degree in occupational safety/health or equivalent experience. Advanced training/degree in management preferred.
- 7+ years of safety management experience in the construction industry, plus thorough knowledge, understanding and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and company regulations.
- CSP, ASP, CHST or equivalent certification desired.
- Strong work ethic, good interpersonal skills, demonstrate good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to act independently with little supervision and as a team player.
- Ability to investigate/analyze critical situations