This management level position will be a key contributor to the Global Marketing group. She/he will lead a team of marketing analysts to support and advise business leaders on commercial strategy by identifying key market statistics, interpreting findings and helping our leadership team understand the numbers behind our marketing strategy. The person in this role will combine people management with a data-driven approach and technical expertise to ensure the Global Marketing team is making smart decisions based on data, business metrics and operational KPIs. She/he will work very closely with and must be very effective in collaborating with Marketing, Sales, and Finance. She/he must also be able to provide analysis of large amounts of data and identify insights and construct a meaningful story from the data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and develop the marketing analytics capability within the global marketing organization
- Work with marketing VPs to define strategic direction of the function in the context of business priorities
- Lead and manage the marketing analysts within the function, working with and influencing cross-functional partners
- Advise Global Marketing leadership of business trends and marketing impact on business performance
- Create metrics and reporting to identify trends in customer acquisition, retention, end-user demographics, seasonality, and geography by customer segment, channel, and product
- Provide analytic and strategy based support for future efforts and Annual Operating Plans
- Measure ROI, Media Mix, campaign measurement and impact of promotions, clinical education courses, etc.
- Use Advanced Analytics to provide better predictive measurements of business performance
- Provide ad hoc analysis on an as needed basis in response to requests/recommendations
- Assist business partners in setting benchmark goals as appropriate
- Create and present formal readouts of analysis to marketing and senior management.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Statistics or similar business-related fields. MBA strongly preferred
- 5 – 7 years' financial modeling, statistical and business analysis experience supporting Sales or Marketing 2-3 years of people management
- Strong quantitative analysis and data mining skills
- Experience with Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Strong experience in building models in MS Excel required; SAS or R Preferred
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. SQL, Business Objects, PowerBI)
- Excellent communication skills to clearly present business and technical issues, ideas, and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats
- Ability to translate complex business and financial analysis in simple layman terms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience people/analytics manager
- Customer focused
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience with advanced analytics
- Strong project management skills to drive change
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Strong cross-functional teamwork and ability to influence without authority
- Self-starter who needs minimal supervision and able to effectively manage through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.