Verra Mobility is looking for an experienced, self-motivated and collaborative professional to serve as a Manager, Contracts Administration to assist with its Government Solutions business. This individual will be responsible for the life cycle of the prime contracts with government entities (state, municipal, county, school district) from reviewing RFPs and preparing responses to initial drafts of contracts, supporting the implementation of the contract by providing the business with a comprehensive commitment checklist based on the contract and working with the business to ensure strict compliance throughout the implementation and lifecycle of the contract, managing all contract related documentation, supporting contract modifications, and performing contract notice, consent and reporting requirements. This position will report to the Deputy General Counsel for the Government Solutions Business Unit.
- Review and analyze RFPs and requests for bids and other solicitations in order to identify issues and risks; solicit and analyze feedback from operational, sales/account management, legal, HR, and IT/security teams; engage relevant stakeholders in request / bid strategy decisions; develop and execute on such strategy to reduce or mitigate organizational risk associated with request / bid; work with sales team in preparing responses to such requests; complete due diligence of response; review and prepare certifications; and prepare teaming agreements as necessary.
- Using established templates, prepare initial drafts of customer contracts and related program documentation, such as notices to proceed with installation or collections, and DMV data access authorizations.
- Review customer contracts (including associated documents and statutory/regulatory references contained therein) to create a commitments checklist, identify issues and risks, and provide guidance on compliance to department stakeholders.
- Manage all applicable program documentation, including customer business requirements questionnaires, form notices, website content, permits, plans, easements, etc., and serve as point of contact for contract related notifications and distribution as appropriate.
- Assist procurement in engaging vendors, including preparing subcontractor agreements and related flow downs, determining when customer notice or consent is required; and drafting notices / consents.
- Manage customer contract and all related program documentation and subcontractor agreements within a contracts management system.
- Ongoing customer contract life cycle management, including providing guidance on contract compliance and performance of contract notice, consent, and reporting requirements (e.g. MBE/WBE, first source), compliance related to program changes, document program changes, engaging key stakeholders in strategy decisions regarding documentation of program changes, develop and execute on such strategy to reduce or mitigate organizational risk associated with the program change, and escalating identified risks associated with contract compliance as appropriate.
- Escalate legal issues to attorneys and assist in resolution, and under the supervision of the Company's legal department, conduct legal research and provide related guidance to the business as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Contract lifecycle management experience; experience with contracts management systems a plus, but not required
- Experience with state and local government contracts/bids (federal experience a plus)
- Distinct organization and time management skills, attention to detail and penchant for accuracy, and ability to multi-task high priorities
- Influential with others and superior communication and collaborative skills consistent with expectations for position
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters with a team-player attitude.
- Professional, trustworthy and able to handle confidential information with respect and integrity
- Demonstrable skill in understanding contract provisions and risk allocation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to facilitate successful interaction with all levels of management and staff
- Experience working directly with sales, procurement, and operations teams preferred, but not required
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)