The Maintenance Controller monitors and oversees the day-to-day maintenance operations of the airline. This role coordinates maintenance activities and administers the MEL/CDL and deferral programs.
Scope & Complexity
- This individual contributor position supports maintenance activities for Alaska Airlines (AS).
- Monitors and oversees the day-to-day maintenance operations of the airline.
- Coordinates maintenance activities with other departments.
- Administers the MEL/CDL and deferral programs.
- Supervises contract/emergency maintenance personnel.
- Coordinates and supervises maintenance at offline stations.
- Serves as single source management contact for all maintenance activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 8 years of heavy jet experience.
- Airframe and Power plant licenses.
- Extensive avionics and aircraft systems skills and background.
- Extensive knowledge of Aircraft and Avionics Systems, ATA codes, and ASA maintenance policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as job requires extensive interaction between departments, as well as the ability to guide and supervise contract and emergency maintenance personnel.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision and to make sound decisions under extreme pressure and time constraints.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong work knowledge of computer systems.
- An Associate's degree or a Bachelor's degree.