Western Alliance is one of the top-performing banks in the United States, with $20 billion in assets and a strong history of lasting, productive client relationships. We're a unique organization, ranked #2 on the Forbes 2018 'Best Banks in America' list. Western Alliance offers the scale and resources of a major bank combined with the commitment, market knowledge and responsiveness of a local bank.
Here you'll have the chance to make an impact. You'll have ongoing opportunity. Flexibility and an entrepreneurial culture that rewards hard work, teamwork and great ideas. Not to mention our excellent track record for growth, performance and outstanding customer relationships. Taken together, that's the Western Alliance difference. Find out how you can experience the best qualities of a large bank, combined with the personal touch and visibility of our nimble organization on the rise.
The Liquidity and Pricing Product Manager is responsible for management of all deposit-related products including deposit accounts, sweeps, and off-balance sheet offerings. Additionally, this individual is responsible for pricing of the bank's commercial treasury services including new products and existing products. With these responsibilities having direct impact to Bank's balance sheet and P&L, this role will develop strategic and creative product offerings, as well as manage rates to help accomplish our bank's strategic and enterprise goals. This also requires strategic thinking and collaboration, working with all product managers and sales teams on creative packaging/bundling and offering tailored solutions to specified verticals to help WAB achieve deposits, interest and non-interest growth income goals.
This individual will also participate in the planning and implementation of the product office's overall strategy. This includes defining a product roadmap, building business cases to explore and pursue new initiatives, go-to-market planning, performing competitive analysis, and analyzing product performance to understand sales growth and performance drivers. Additionally, this role serves as a product offering advocate and spearheads activities necessary to implement new products, new LOBs, and projects with applicable internal and external resources, accomplishing performance goals and objectives. They will partner with our training team to develop product trainings for staffs and clients. They will serve as a subject matter expert for all assigned product offerings. Manages cross-enterprise matrixed teams for assigned products to create and manage business cases, ongoing service levels, and customer experience.
- Responsible for the full lifecycle management of assigned products including development, maintenance, enhancements, and decommissioning.
- Manage both deposits and business credit products, including P&L management, product strategy and market / competitive analysis.
- Leads research, analysis, design, development and implementation of new products and or modification and enhancements to existing products.
- Drive new and enhanced offerings for both deposits and business credit products across all verticals including WAB's national businesses and new LOB's, with focus on supporting WAB's funding and Product Office's pricing strategies.
- Identify and implement opportunities that will grow payments revenues.
- Conceptualize and bring to market new products and solutions to meet customer needs across the WAB's footprint.
- Develop and distribute appropriate communications to stakeholders. Develop and distribute management reporting.
- Manage cross-enterprise matrixed teams for assigned products to create and manage business cases, ongoing service levels and customer experience.
- Develop business cases, obtain approvals, monitor results and effectiveness of service delivery and perform ongoing analyses as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in banking and financial services. Equivalent combination of experience and education acceptable.
- 5+ years of experience with product management required.
- Subject expert with deposit, investment sweep, off balance sheet and credit products (preferably business/ commercial based and focused), preferably within a product management framework.
- Conceptual / strategic aptitude required.
- Strong analytical, communication, and collaborative skills required.
- Experienced and strong data analytics and reporting management required.
- Ability to travel 2-3 days per month required.
- Strong computer operational skills required.
- Previous experience supervising a small group of employees preferred.
- Process review, analysis, redesign, improvements experience is recommended (experience in managing products across multiple countries is a plus).
- Project management experience is highly recommended.
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills as well as leadership qualities to successfully manage projects as well as multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Understanding of the relationship and interdependencies across product groups and units.
- Ability to work both as an individual as well as a team member. An independent individual with attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently, along with the ability to think creatively and strategically.