Shutterfly is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to lead the development efforts of SBS line of business applications. This position involves at least 60% hands-on development in Java Technologies (Open Source Java, Spring Boot, Angular, MySQL). The Lead along with the Two-Pizza Development team has complete ownership (Cradle to Grave: Dev, QA, Infrastructure, Release, Support, Recruiting) for the assigned application suite.
Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast-paced environment. Ideal role split: Hands-on Development (60%), Application Architecture (20%), SDLC Process (5%), Infrastructure/Release (5%) and Employee Management (10%).
• Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment utilizing Java Stack
• Assist Technology Manager with TRD (Technical Requirements Definition) Process
• Work with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks.
• Work with development teams (onsite/offsite, vendor) to plan releases and ensure the team delivers on the committed plan
• Partner with SBS platform team to build and utilize core platform capabilities
• Collaborate with core SBS teams on shared services such as Infrastructure, Security and Operations
• Execute performance and scalability analysis as needed
• Manage and mentor development staff of varying experience levels
• 8+ years overall software development experience, last 5 years hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot)
• 2+ years experience leading a development team
• Strong experience developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
• Deep understanding of server-side, middle-tier technologies, and relational databases/SQL
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Agile SDLC processes (Kanban/XP)
• Microservices and Distributed architectures
• NoSQL experience
• Experience working with Vendor Software Development Teams
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Strong customer focus and owner mindset
• Proven track record of delivering high quality Software Products