We are looking for a Lead SDE who will manage the growth and development of 3-5 developers. You will be involved in the technical leadership and coaching of your team, while actively delivering on technology solutions. You should enjoy mentoring developers, leading technical teams, and thrive in a dynamic and agile environment.
- You will lead from the front and help other specialists make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality and be better each day.
- You will meet with direct reports on a weekly basis, providing continual feedback to aide in their career growth.
- You will participate in resourcing discussions to ensure team allocation optimizes for product delivery quality and individual developer growth.
- You will use your creativity, first class engineering skills, and technical knowledge to deliver features and improvements in an agile fashion.
- You will improve the operational aspects of the platform with updates to our deployment process, test automation, performance tuning and monitoring.
- You will work with members of the engineering team to develop and deliver your technical solutions.
- Identify and embrace new technologies, frameworks and standard methodologies.
- Share your interests and passions with our fun-loving, active team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5-7+ years professional experience in software development
- Servant leader who knows that the most important part of your job is your team's success.
- Experience mentoring and giving feedback to junior developers.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to rapidly acquire and learn new software skills and technologies.
- Experience working in the Cloud (preferably AWS) and continuous delivery practices.
- Dedication to writing and maintaining high quality code.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills plus be able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Clean and elegant technical designs are part of your DNA and you have the ability to instill the same drive in others.
- Critical thinking: there are always options; you will be adept at identifying them, evaluating options and concisely communicate them to your peers.
- Experience in agile/Scrum software development practices and ability to learn from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- Experience developing and supporting e-commerce systems and conducting A/B testing scenarios is a plus.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience