Primary duties as a programmer on Linux platform, working with Internet Service Provider infrastructure and provisioning systems. Skills may be used towards software integration and systems administration as needed.
- Will update and create software running primarily on Linux platform to support and enhance administration of Internet infrastructure, authentication, provisioning and monitoring systems.
- Will integrate vendor and open-source software to systems architecture to improve existing services or support new products.
- Need to work very closely with the IT, tech support, and product management organizations, attending product development and review meetings as needed.
- May perform data collection and reporting to analyze system performance and resulting Internet subscribers' experience and behavior.
- May assist in troubleshooting software problems as needed after escalation from the NOC and within the System Services group.
- Shared 7x24 coverage of the infrastructure and applications that the team supports in a scheduled rotation. Will require occasional after-hours work and after-hours on-call duties.
- Experience programming in PHP (Zend Framework, apigility), Python (Django) or PERL.
- Experience working with external interfaces (e.g. SOAP or REST API).
- Experience working with LDAP and SQL systems (OpenLDAP and MySQL preferred).
- Basic knowledge of ISP infrastructure (DNS, RADIUS, DHCP, CPE management).
- Experience working with Debian Linux software packaging.
- Server update and configuration skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in information systems or Computer Science.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, both on a proactive, planned, project basis as well as a crisis/problem recovery situation.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-managing.
- Works with minimal supervision and proactively communicates status, issues, and support needs to appropriate manager(s).
- Experience with fast-paced, time-constrained development teams, with ability to multi-task well including priority management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and user focuses.