The IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for design, configuration and maintenance on National Compute Infrastructure.
- Hardware build-out to expand and refresh available physical compute resources.
- Identify realignment needs of resources to correct under provisioned and overprovisioned systems.
- Recommend best practices for design and installation of new platforms.
- Test and upgrade Cisco UCS environment as new versions of software and hardware become available.
- Create and document procedures regarding compute infrastructure standards within the organization.
- Under minimal direction, performs basic analysis, design, implementation and maintenance activities in various areas of IT
- Works independently and leads assignments of moderate to high complexity.
- Consistently applies the concepts of appropriate standard methodologies and best practices.
- Prepares reports, records progress and creates solutions to IT problems/issues.
- Partners with customer community to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems or improve existing processes.
- Interfaces with suppliers and vendors as needed to evaluate software, hardware or services and makes recommendations.
- Applies principles, concepts and practices of the IT Competency Model at the Senior Engineer level.
- Proactively enforces security policies to ensure IT assets are protected.
- 3+ Years of experience managing Cisco UCS Domains; including defining monitoring standards, operational procedures and growth plans - required
- Experience working with Cisco UCS Director and Cisco Intersight – required
- 3+ Years of VMware virtualization technologies (e.g. ESXi, vCenter, vROPS) including design, configuration, and implementation in large enterprise environments - required
- Strong Hardware and Software Troubleshooting Skills - required
- Technical competency with identified hardware platforms preferred: Dell, Cisco UCS and emerging technologies
- Experience with Enterprise storage technologies i.e. Tintri, Pure, EMC VMAX, VNX, XIO preferred
- Experience with network technologies, including VLANs, NATs, Virtual Switches preferred
- Experience with additional VMware tools (e.g., vRealize Operations, View, Site Recovery Manager) a plus
- Must be detail oriented and self-managing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree with an emphasis in Information Systems or Computer Science required.
- Technical IT certifications a plus – VCP7-DCV/VCP6-DCV, CCNA Data Center