The IT Business Analyst will work directly with client users to gather and document their business needs and translate them into business requirements / user stories, which are then delivered to our IT development team for systems enhancements or new client applications. This role ensures the voice of the customer is accurately heard by collaborating with the various functioning departments, including onshore and offshore product development teams. This position will be responsible for development of business test cases and coordination with development resources.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with all levels of end users, including executive level staff, to quickly understand new requirements or problems, and then suggest a possible solution.
- Manage various stakeholders representing different teams - executive, clinical, business, technology and product end users. Facilitate sessions to elicit requirements or understand problems and serve as a EHR and payor data SME to suggest possible solutions or workarounds.
- Gather and perform thorough analyses of all the information available.
- Create and document the business requirements.
- Communicate with the development team to schedule development of system configuration or modifications and/or new modules.
- Develop test cases and perform testing to ensure requirements are met for system modifications or data extracts.
- Demonstrate leadership by coordinating the requirements, specifications, and user acceptance testing efforts.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Business Analyst experience in the health care industry.
- Experience with Agile development methodology including User stories, Use Cases, UAT, product sprint and backlog management preferred
- Formulate acceptance criteria; clarify functional and non-functional user stories. Work with scrum master to identify and resolve road blocks.
- 2+ years of experience reading, writing and running basic SQL queries preferred
- Knowledge of HL7, XML and domain expertise in Healthcare technology protocols and standards preferred
- Experience in implementation of integrations with LAB, HIE and other third party vendors.
- Experience with JIRA, AFS, Rally, or similar development software is a plus, but Not required