The IT Business Analyst drives the implementation and maintenance of enterprise wide business systems. This role will be responsible for planning and managing small and large projects to assure goals and objectives are met within an arranged time frame, and this role will formulate and define systems scope based on user needs, a thorough understanding of the business systems, and industry.
- Ensures solutions meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to clarify, prioritize and validate project requirements and business objectives.
- Decomposes business problems quickly and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Derives a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with the stakeholder and technical team toward resolution to achieve the objectives.
- Plans and facilitates requirements gathering utilizing focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Utilizes advanced modeling techniques to develop high-level system narratives, presentations, storyboards, use cases and user interface prototypes.
- Works with QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Serves as the thought leader in advanced modeling techniques to help define business processes, system usage, behavior and information capture.
- Serves as a conduit / broker for cross-functional collaboration & knowledge sharing.
- Performs quantitative & qualitative analysis to help justify the investment necessary to deliver a solution.
- Builds credibility and trust across stakeholder groups.
- Adapting elicitation approach to apply appropriate technique based on situation or stakeholder.
- Gathers and prepares supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Acts as an active contributor to SDLC process improvement by remaining current in software engineering best practices.
- Assists with alignment of project objectives and IT solutions to UL business strategies and objectives.
- Develops strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
- Serves as an active contributor to company-shared knowledge repositories (wikis,SharePoint etc).
- Mentors and educates IT and business colleagues about business analysis discipline and requirements phase within development lifecycle.
- Maintains an understanding of innovative IT product capabilities, marketplace and business opportunities.
- Negotiates and facilitate to drive consensus on solution scope and objectives.
- Maintains macro-view of key processes, application platforms, business requirements and business functions across the organization.
- Assesses existing business processes, people and technology to identify common patterns across functions.
- Provides creative thinking and new ideas to resolve existing problems.
- Provides a structure for evaluating solution options.
- Assesses capabilities of the enterprise to understand where changes are needed to meet strategic goals.
- Performs additional duties as need.
- University degree in Business, Information Technology, or related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of managing requirements and assisting IT projects & programs or directly related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels.