Activity Summary: Provides design and drafting services including site/inventory verification's, space planning, standard specification development, presentation materials, working/installation drawings, and clearly documented as‐built drawings. Works closely with dealership business development, sales coordinators, project managers, assistant project managers and installation groups, as well as customers and Architects/Engineers, to ensure accurate plans and specifications and conformance to the requirements.
* Develops Architectural/Engineered product specifications, providing solutions to challenging and unique site conditions
* Reviews project drawings and develops project layouts for pricing with estimating group; reviews project drawings/docs for accuracy with Project Managers and creates order entry file
* Creates alternate and optional solution pricing based on requests
* Creates and maintains project shop drawings to include revisions for submittals, general revisions, bulletins, changes to site conditions
* Updates drawings to include field verified dimensions when applicable
* Generates installation drawings
* Assists with troubleshooting project issues during installation including manufacturing errors, installation errors, missing or damaged product
* Create AS – BUILT drawings for close out packages
* Estimates design project time, maintains detailed daily time sheets and presents billing information to Accounting, manages actual time against project estimates.
* Assists in the writing and presentation of design proposals and contracts to customers.
* Maintains detailed and extensive project documentation, including records of all key decisions, phone conversations, approvals and sign‐offs, and notes from all project planning meetings.
* Creates and maintains client standards files and all project design files
* Manages design time and process.
* Communicates regularly to customer and internal team members re: design project status.
* Enters weekly workload on status report
* Attends pre‐installation and kick‐off meetings with installation group/leads.
Reports to: Design Manager
Hard Skills and Education:
* Strong command of all systems offered: AutoCAD, CET Designer, Revit
* In‐depth knowledge of product specification
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* 4‐year college degree in design and/or technical drafting
* Excellent inter‐personal, team‐building, and written skills required
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
* Strong organizational skills
* Detail oriented
* 2+ years of experience working with Systems and/or Architectural/Engineered products of a major demountable manufacturer such as Haworth, Steelcase, DIRTT and/or conventional glass/glazing manufacturer such as CRL, Wilson Partitions, Omega.
* Understands workplace environment issues (technology integration, teaming, current trends in product and space planning, etc.)
* Has a working knowledge of applicable building codes, ADA regulations, National Electrical Code, etc.
* Understands processes, including order preparation, project management, order management and delivery/installation.
Travel is a requirement for this position.
Job description is not intended to cover every single requirement of job.