McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we've also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we've created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That's what our clients want. That's why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth's finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Water team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we're glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Provides technical, programming and design services in support of instrumentation & controls/SCADA design and implementation projects as a part of a project team
- Conducts preliminary process evaluations, SCADA architecture concepts, prepares specifications, reports, controls programming and I & C designs for water and wastewater systems.
- Communicates directly with client project personnel.
- Experience managing projects including schedule, scope, technical, quality and financial success
- Directs and mentors project support resources to achieve project objectives.
- Interfaces with process, civil, mechanical and electrical design engineers.
- Understand and implement communications systems such as Ethernet based local area networks and wireless radio systems
- Performs PLC programming and/or HMI programming.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (related field).
- NC PE or able to acquire NC PE quickly through reciprocity.
- Must have 5 to 10 years of experience in electrical design engineering with at least 5 years of experience specifically in instrumentation and controls in the water/wastewater arena.
- Process-oriented individual with strong technical skills and good interpersonal team skills.
- Solid communicator, able to communicate and work directly with end users of the client to complete design and/or implementation.
- Knowledgeable of industry standard PLC and HMI system implementation and programming.
- Experienced in CAD, latest version.
- Able to complete work consistently, with the flexibility to accommodate varying demands put on them by project managers, owners, vendors and contractors.