The Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for directing the daily human resources activities and human resource needs of the supported business unit(s). This position will provide Human Resources services to employees and management to maintain and improve all aspects of the employee experience.
The HR Manager will resolve employee relations issues and problems and coordinate the performance management process. This position must maintain the measurements to demonstrate continuous improvement in the value of the employees. The HR Manager performs HR-related duties on a professional level in collaboration with senior management to support a designated business unit(s).
The HR Manager must be able to build relationships and establish credibility with employees from a wide range of departments and management levels. This position must be able to recognize and effectively adapt to changes in practices, protocols, and preferences from department to department.
The HR Manager will provide recommendations and assist in the development of company policies and procedures. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring consistent and uniform enforcement of company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance to federal and state regulations.
Primary Job Functions:
- Maintain, analyze, manage and improve Human Resource measurements pertaining to all employees and supervisors working within their area of responsibility. Measurements would include turnover, hiring, attendance, wages, training, and safety. Analyze and take action to continuously improve measurements. Participate in and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Work directly with business leaders regarding staffing. Ensure appropriate staffing levels, determine business needs and prepare business plans to adequately achieve desired headcounts. Communicate with recruiters and ensure appropriate paperwork is completed and submitted.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and enforcement of company policies, processes, and procedures. Maintain a system to document changes to company policy manuals and handbooks. Participate in policy discussions and make recommendations regarding policy changes. Oversee the corrective action and disciplinary process within assigned business unit ensuring consistency of enforcement.
- Conduct and oversee employee feedback meetings and participate in management updates. Assist with making changes that improve the working environment and overall employee relations. Maintain employee feedback documents and ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Conduct and oversee corrective actions, investigations, terminations, training, recruitment activities and participation in employee benefit rollout, administrative duties, etc., as needed.
- Conduct, oversee and manage the termination process. Ensure a thorough investigation has been completed and all documentation provided. Work with legal to determine the best course of action and ensure all applicable SOPs are followed.
- Ensure all appropriate steps are completed to develop and/or assist in the development of accurate job descriptions. Participate in wage evaluation meetings and ensure all steps are taken to accurately update the appropriate individuals of results.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database. Assist in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Participate in Company-sponsored events and activities such as the Company picnic, award ceremonies, meetings, annual gift handouts, and benefits open enrollment. Assist with the setup and clean-up of those activities.
- Promote a positive working environment by ensuring accountability for behavior that violates Company policies. Make appropriate changes in staffing and transfers of supervisors and hourly employees as necessary.
- Work effectively and communicate and relate well with others; maintain effective and constructive working relationships.
- Manage and improve functional area's performance measures through use and interpretation of Continuous Improvement tools. Improve working conditions and processes (safety, quality, productivity, and cost) including supporting and directing employees to participate in improvement programs.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan, and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations such as hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, and pay adjustments.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area's goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
- 5 years of Human Resources experience, including employee relations, Required
Licenses or Certifications:
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SP, preferred