An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For over 125 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Human Resources Generalist proactively drives and supports the delivery of Human Resources services and solutions to designated business and acts as a single point of contact for employees and managers for employee relations situations. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this role serves as an advisor to business leaders with respect to employment activities and aides in the compliance of company policies and procedures. The HR Generalist will drive a strong culture of proactive HR business partnering in the areas of employee relations, company culture, employee engagement, performance management, HR compliance, and more.
HR Business Partnering
- Provide comprehensive HR support for aligned businesses including employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, workforce planning, HR compliance, organizational change management and more.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business trends and translate to proactive talent solutions that help drive business initiatives forward
- Support local hiring and staffing needs of the locations as designated.
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees across the office to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent.
- Foster and champion The Scoular Company culture and ensure an inclusive approach to employee engagement and recognition.
- Align with other HRBP's and centers of expertise to drive consistent programs and best practices, optimize Scoular resources and create best in class experiences for managers and employees.
Employee Relations and HR Compliance
- Provide expertise in conducting internal investigations and bring employment relation issues to resolution.
- Provide coaching and guidance to business leaders regarding performance management, disciplinary action and terminations. Conduct exit interviews and provide analysis of findings.
- Analyze and present risk factors to business leaders when taking employment actions. Ensure appropriate processes are followed and compliance requirements with local and federal regulations are met.
- Collaborate with HR Operations and HR COE teams to ensure consistency and alignment in HR processes while bringing a continuous improvement mindset to the work.
Other HR Projects and Initiatives
- Develop and execute other HR projects and initiatives as needed to support overall business strategies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of broad human resources programs and processes and basic employment law.
- 5+ years of progressive human resources or related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct employee relations experience.
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Ability to respect confidentiality of employee information.
- Strong customer service orientation and service leadership
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business leaders and employees.
- Comfortable with conflict and strong conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish appropriate metrics and use data effectively to analyze issues, anticipate trends and make decisions
- Ability to work independently and proactively identify, research and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as required (at times up to 30-40%)
- Agribusiness industry experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production facility environment
- PHR, SPHR or CEBS professional designation.