OVERVIEW/GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for supporting and guiding management in the areas of: recruitment, employee relations, relationship building, salary administration and benefits. Provide HR counseling, coaching, training/development in the areas of performance management, employee relations, reward/recognition, organizational change and leadership. Work with Operations Management to assist in providing consistency in applying Human Resources policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist HR Management with the development, administration, support and management of employee relations functions.
- Assist in the Recruiting process for business groups supported
- Assists in the administration of the company's disciplinary process and investigates problems, such as: working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances.
- Conduct pre-employment interviews
- Work closely with HR Management to develop and implement strategic recruiting strategies and retention methodologies.
- Develop strategic recruiting plan to ensure effective and efficient means of attracting qualified applicants.
- Assist in employee terminations as necessary and conduct exit interviews
- Handle other aspects of Human Resources as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting Company.
- Responsible for participating in quality assurance, compliance and in-service and continuing education activities as requested by Company.
- Responsible for performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
Type of experience
Graduate of (4) year accredited college or university with major course work in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, or closely related field, or equivalent work experience.
5 to 7 years experience in human resources, with specific experience in the areas of recruiting and employee relations; compensation or benefits experience a plus.
1 to 3 years of which must have been in a supervisory position; or equivalent combination of related training and experience.
SHRM Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess considerable knowledge of employee relations; the principles, practices, and procedures of Human Resources Management.
- Must possess some knowledge of laws and regulations relating to insurance and safety administration.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain recruiting contacts in local & regional employment markets.
- Must have the ability to plan, coordinate, and direct the work of subordinate staff engaged in various professional, technical and clerical functions.