The Human Resources Manager is based in our Eugene, Oregon site and supports the Protein & Cell Analysis business and products as part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group. This site supports approximately $210M of business and has more than 225 employees.
How will you make an impact?
As a trusted advisor to the business and functional leaders, you will consult and take action in the areas of talent management, organizational development, performance management, career development, employee relations, and compensation planning and change leadership.
What will you do?
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into critical HR actions, programs, and initiatives.
- Evaluate and advise client groups on programs or strategies that impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the business.
- Provide HR support and coaching to leaders on HR policies and processes, people management, and career development.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal investigations, and any resulting disciplinary actions.
- Ensure effective talent attraction and management including recruitment, assessment, and development.
- Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee training needs.
- Drive effective compensation equity and planning processes for the assigned client group.
- Support the HR functional teams (i.e. talent acquisition, compensation, etc.) with large scale HR initiatives and annual processes.
- Act as a change agent and lead key change management initiatives for the site and/or assigned business teams.
- Participate in the broader regional HR team to drive HR projects and initiatives.
- Partner with site, HR, and Business leaders to oversee and provide guidance on site activities, shape culture, and drive employee engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field is required.
- Master's degree or MBA preferred.Experience
- Must have 5 or more years of experience in various aspects of human resources (staffing, compensation, employee relations and organizational development).
- Knowledge and understanding of US labor and employment law and business partnering experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong process improvement orientation.
- Analysis, problem solving, decision making, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface with all levels of the organization including employee relations, coaching, communications and presentations, etc.
- Ability to work within a diverse and cross-functional team.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues
- Can effectively secure and leverage resources to get work done through both formal and informal channels