Provide the necessary Human Resource skills and leadership to the Plant to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a senior level position, which represents the attainment of specialized knowledge in breadth and depth. Understands advanced concepts within professional discipline. Applies knowledge and experience to complex situations. Recommends solutions to complex issues. Performs independently and uses experience to guide actions. Mentors less experienced colleagues.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support the departmental goals.
- Maintain positive colleague relations through effective communication and prompt attention to colleague concerns.
- Assist in the development, performance feedback, direction and leadership of all colleagues in the plant including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Provides guidance and counsel to supervisors on a variety of issues including colleague development, colleague relations, conflict resolution, interpersonal communications, effective group interaction, team building, etc.
- Assist salaried colleagues in preparing and documenting disciplinary action.
- Provide support to salaried colleagues on company policies and procedures.
- Maintain applicant files and records as required by federal and state law.
- Coordinate applicant testing through external third party/internal testing administration.
- Conduct reference checks and background investigations for all applicants.
- Maintain required hourly manning levels.
- Champion orientation program for all new hires.
- Conduct exit interviews with all salaried terminated Colleagues.
- Coordinate all internal postings and transfers.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions for all hourly positions and assist with salaried job descriptions.
- Assist plant leadership in developing an annual training assessment and assist in developing tools to effectively address colleague development.
- Champion the execution of the annual plant-training plan.
- Maintain training records for all colleagues.
- Assist in developing change management proposals, draft plans and oversee project activities.
- Administer the company benefit plans by servicing the plant on a daily basis.
- Functions as the primary contact with the insurance companies and with Corporate Benefits.
- Counsel terminated colleagues regarding their options under the COBRA guidelines. Notify corporate benefits of the termination so the appropriate paperwork is sent to the colleague.
- Functions as the plant contact for the 401K plans for hourly and salaried colleagues.
- Maintain accurate attendance records for all hourly colleagues and prepare disciplinary write-ups as necessary.
- Assist in processing all MESC forms and represent the company at all unemployment hearings.
- Maintain all active and terminated hourly files in compliance to federal and state employment laws.
- Coordinate all hourly and salaried performance reviews after 90 days.
- Responsible for verifications of employment.
- Champion colleague relations "fun activities" (ex. Plant Picnic, Christmas Party) and community service activities (ex. Blood Drive, United Way, etc.).
- Manage and track workers compensation, primary contact with carrier and with clinic for work related injuries.
- Tracks and reports department metrics on a monthly/annual basis.
- Initiates recommendations for improved processes, structures and approaches and follows through with design and implementation.
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registrations (ex. TS 16949/ISO14001, Pentastar)
- Assist supervisors in preparing all accident reports for identification of root cause and corrective action.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing all daily work activities.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to the Human Resources Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with all plant salaried and hourly colleagues and corporate human resources, compensation and benefits.
- Provides leadership on HR issues to colleagues in the plant.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelors Degree, prefer in Human Resources or Business. Master''s Degree preferred.
- Six (6) or more years of experience in Human Resources.
- Demonstrated expertise in several HR processes and practices (labor relations, organizational development, leadership development, compensation, benefits, etc.)
- Knowledge of employment laws, labor relations, safety, benefits administration and payroll.
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong problem resolution skills, along with customer service and team orientation skills.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to read and write in English and to perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Bellevue, Ohio, United States